Likes Likes:  80
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Confessions...

Confessions...

Because we've all been guilty of some horological sin at some point in our lives...
    Here's a thread to come clean, to absolve yourself, to speak about the watch based skeletons in your closet in a safe environment where no-one will ridicule you....

I'll go first.

When I was about 9 or 10 I had a black plastic digital watch with a game built into it. You had to drive a tank across a bridge dodging falling bombs. I got the watch with coupons I collected from a comic called The Eagle (the rebooted version from the early 80s, not the original, I'm not that old).
    Then one day I bought some crisps.... On the the back of the packet was an offer for a James Bond digital watch that looked absolutely badass and WHICH HAD THE JAMES BOND THEME AS THE ALARM.
    I was instantly smitten. I had to have this watch.
    Again you had to collect a few tokens from the crisp packets and I forget how much cash you needed to add to the deal, but I had enough saved up.
    There was one problem though, I already had a watch. There was no way my parents would sanction me buying another and I needed their support in this because you had to send the money as a cheque.
    Looking back I am appalled at myself, at my ruthlessness and the wanton violence clearly buried deep in my young soul. Because want I did, dear reader, was the only thing I could think to do, the only thing that would remove the obstacle of the watch I already had on my wrist.
    I took it off....
    And I threw it at the ground hard enough to smash it.

*sobs*

Don't look at me, I can see the loathing in your eyes... I need to be alone now

*runs*

There there, now. We've all done regrettable things. I bought an Invicta once.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

I can actually feel the repressed anguish through the screen.......I empathize with you for wanting the new watch, but...You broke a watch.....I am conflicted

4. Likes whatmeworry, JAGtime, wschofield3 liked this post
    I collected the coupons for that James Bond theme watch and sent my money - and they had run out. So you got *my* watch

6. Likes JAGtime, wschofield3 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I collected the coupons for that James Bond theme watch and sent my money - and they had run out. So you got *my* watch
    Here you go, only £144
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...236546&alt=web

Edit: If only all my watches appreciated that much

9. Likes popoki nui, wschofield3 liked this post
    Last edited by Der Amf; Mar 28, 2015 at 08:18 AM.

11. Likes JAGtime, popoki nui, wschofield3, iyonk liked this post
    Looking at the photos of it, I would say actually that by getting the 200m WR Casio instead I came out of it better

Did you get thoroughly sick of the alarm?

13. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Looking at the photos of it, I would say actually that by getting the 200m WR Casio instead I came out of it better

Did you get thoroughly sick of the alarm?
    No, I think my parents did though

15. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1427534656702.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  38.6 KB
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

17. Likes JAGtime, wschofield3 liked this post