Likes Likes:  42
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Forum So Far

Blog Entries

The Forum So Far

Well, we've been open less than a week and it's hardly time for a historical retrospective, but maybe a few comments are in order.

First of all, if you have not read our press release, I encourage you to do so. That pretty well outlines our thinking in starting this new forum.
    http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...oin-the-League!

Second, what you see here is the result of an incredible amount of time, talent and yes even financial commitment by a small team of individuals:

• We have an IT guy with years of vBulletin experience.
    • We have a world class illustrator, and if you haven't seen all his forum banners I encourage you to cruise 'round and check out each forum on the site.
    • We have social media savvy marketing people.
    • We have a legal department with two highly expert guys.
    • We have creative writers.
    • We have more than 100 person-years of watch forum experience.
    • We have a passion for watches. We are people, not a corporation.
    • And best of all we have you folks who have joined us.

We are a tiny forum and no threat to any of the major players at this point. We anticipate being a veteran group for a while. We plan to have the same family & work friendly plus inclusive atmosphere that many people appreciate.
    We trust you to be kind and welcoming to any really new people who may somehow find us. Speaking personally I am sure I'll have more time to write posts and have fun than I did in my former capacity.

Spammers have already found us, unfortunately. They discovered early on we are offering blog capability. There's nothing more annoying than a blog on kitchen renovations in Manchester UK. We have put in a small post count requirement in order to blog so we hope that fixes things. If you spot spammers in the forum you know how to report them and we'll get it cleaned up as soon as we can.

This is IWL Version 1.0. There will be glitches and technical issues and Gabe will fix them as time permits. He does have a real life so your patience is appreciated. You can report them in IWL Central.

And finally, Jeannie and I are gratified by the number of Cafe regulars who took the time to seek us out and join us here. That is a real testimonial to how much you enjoy each other's company. We made sure we'd get the Lounge Moderator jobs early on because there's no forum we'd rather participate in than this one.

That's it. Any questions and we'll do our best to answer them.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

That's a great summary, Ray; you've answered all of the details that an OCD like myself was wondering about. I must say that if the rest of my stay here is like what has transpired so far, I'll be very happy.

John
    If you come to a fork in the road; take it, and then put it down so someone else can use it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jsw41 View Post
    That's a great summary, Ray; you've answered all of the details that an OCD like myself was wondering about. I must say that if the rest of my stay here is like what has transpired so far, I'll be very happy.

John
    Well we still have coffee today, remember...

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

4. Likes jsw41 liked this post
    I only joined to get away from Tom, but then he followed me here too.

6. Likes geoffbot, Chronopolitano liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I happen to like our new home and firmly belive it will only get better. It's an honor to be here so early on.

8. Likes Rob, Der Amf liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    I only joined to get away from Tom, but then he followed me here too.
    I'd ban him but he'd only come back. He's that way.

Jeannie

10. Likes M. Montaigne, Chronopolitano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by RayMac View Post
    Well we still have coffee today, remember...
    Yes, I remember; but I don't remember everything.

John
    If you come to a fork in the road; take it, and then put it down so someone else can use it.

Blog Entries
    BTW John and I just had a very nice meet and greet at Equator Coffee in Almonte. He was particularly interested in the inside scoop about Geoff. I lied.

13. Likes drickster, Jeannie, wschofield3, jsw41, Der Amf liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RayMac View Post
    BTW John and I just had a very nice meet and greet at Equator Coffee in Almonte. He was particularly interested in the inside scoop about Geoff. I lied.
    Good. If we let people know how truly awesome he is, they'd try to steal him for their own forum.

Jeannie

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    Good. If we let people know how truly awesome he is, they'd try to steal him for their own forum.

Jeannie
    *blush* Love you too J
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague