Likes Likes:  83
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ...and another 1000+ post giveaway! (Now with an additional prize!)

...and another 1000+ post giveaway! (Now with an additional prize!)

I know, I'm well past 1000. Maybe I'll just call it my 1111th post giveaway--I'm almost there, and it's a number that's always had a weird sort of interest for my wife and I.

Anyway, it's a pretty minor giveaway compared to Iyonk and Sherry, but might still be interesting. Most of you know I recently purchased a Vacheron Constantin Traditionelle; it comes not with a pedestrian, paper manual, but rather a VC USB drive that has an electronic manual on it. The lucky winner will receive a copy of that flash drive and its contents (no, I'm not giving away the original, sorry, it's too cool).

Why would this be interesting? Because in addition to details about the watch, there are other things on it. Including a nice little movie about someone taking their father's watch to the VC heardquarters for appraisal and service. And, even better, a bunch of details about various watchmaking techniques (for example, how chamfering is done) along with videos of VC watchmakers doing those techniques. There's a fair amount to explore on the drive. I've already confirmed that a copy works, and it's got both PC and Mac versions.

So, simple rules--tell me why you'd like the copy. Everyone has until a week from Monday, the 27th, after which I will pick a winner and mail your prize. Assuming anyone's interested!

EDIT: I really liked Iyonk's suggestion to add a sweetener to the pot, and started thinking about straps. I realized I have a brand new, 22mm Nato that came with my Armida. It's never been out of its bag, and would make an excellent addition to the giveaway. So, whoever wins will also get this Nato:

Name:  Nato.JPG
Views: 258
Size:  113.2 KB
    Last edited by mlcor; Apr 20, 2015 at 02:07 PM.

That's AWESOME!!! anything that' watch related is interesting for a WIS hahaha!!!

I'm more than lucky enough to win my first ever giveaway in my whole life from Generous Sherry give-away... so i'm backing off from this one... but thank you for your Generousity and kind gesture... i know the content and movie must be really good that you actually want to share to the lucky winner...

goodluck for the winner! and goodluck with the give away mlcor!!!

3. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    So, that comes with the watch right?

Very cool.

Cool prizes! Good luck, everyone.

~S.
    Last edited by popoki nui; Apr 20, 2015 at 10:58 PM.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

6. Likes mlcor, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    That's AWESOME!!! anything that' watch related is interesting for a WIS hahaha!!!

I'm more than lucky enough to win my first ever giveaway in my whole life from Generous Sherry give-away... so i'm backing off from this one... but thank you for your Generousity and kind gesture... i know the content and movie must be really good that you actually want to share to the lucky winner...

goodluck for the winner! and goodluck with the give away mlcor!!!
    Still not as cool as your handmade straps, my friend.

8. Likes iyonk, popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    So, that comes with the watch right?

Very cool.
    Ha ha! No.

Very nice giveaway, ml. (Are you sure a sample VC doesn't come with it so the reader can follow the video better?)

Jane

11. Likes CFR, Henry Krinkle, FuzzyB liked this post
    That's a good idea. Very kind of you, mlcor.

13. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Still not as cool as your handmade straps, my friend.
    sadly that's all that i can afford for a give away hahaha... Goodluck for the Giveaway Sir... if you want to attract more entries, just throw a NATO,ZULU or perlon straps and a bonus.... everybody love nato straps hehehe =P
    (no, i cant not make one.. i've tried, fail many times and just forget about it hehe)

got to love some thing new and different and we ant had this before so cool will watch with interest but will past on the entering for some one else to get the chance whose really in to the watch
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1