Likes Likes:  153
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: After a four years wait...just arrived.

Well done, C! It's a beauty for sure, and has some history to go with it. It's interesting to me that the 15-minute sub-dial puts the emphasis on 3-minute increments.

Great addition to your collection!

Cheers,
    Jim

2. Likes CFR, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    per mio diletto

For my beloved?

Lovely thing, though - whether it's for you or your wife.

4. Likes CFR, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    per mio diletto

For my beloved?
    I think it's more along the lines of, "because it gives me pleasure." If so, I can see why...

6. Likes CFR, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmaster View Post
    Well done, C! It's a beauty for sure, and has some history to go with it. It's interesting to me that the 15-minute sub-dial puts the emphasis on 3-minute increments.

Great addition to your collection!

Cheers,
    Jim
    I think it's a 30 minute sub-dial, so every two minutes...

8. Likes CFR, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I think it's a 30 minute sub-dial, so every two minutes...
    You may be right about that. If so, then I think it's an example of Breguet retaining the look of the 15-minute totalizer, yes?

10. Likes CFR, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmaster View Post
    You may be right about that. If so, then I think it's an example of Breguet retaining the look of the 15-minute totalizer, yes?
    Maybe. C's history lesson teaches that they made both 15 and 30 minute versions (although I'll bet all the civilian versions may have used 30). Having no numerical markings was undoubtedly a way to use the same dial for both versions.

12. Likes CFR, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Congrats C after such a long wait.

Thanks for the story behind it. Not "uninteresting" at all. I like the way you tell a story.

I find the history and what makes this chrono special very interesting. It would have otherwise been just another very nice chrono.

14. Likes iyonk, CFR, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Very

16. Likes CFR, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    fabulous addition to your fabulous collection C -wonderful illustrations and information also - i will use that word again 'incorrigible' -but i use it in the light hearted sense that we cannot change you and that you are unrepentant in the pursuit of beautiful pieces

18. Likes CFR, watchdaddy1, JAGtime liked this post
    Congratulations, C! What a magnificent watch and fascinating history. I am so happy you were able to find this watch, and may it bring you great "diletto"!

Jane

20. Likes iyonk, CFR, watchdaddy1 liked this post