Likes Likes:  65
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Easter Game - This watch would be perfect if .......

Easter Game - This watch would be perfect if .......

We're all crazy WIS's here, able and willing to pick small faults with even the finest of watches. (1mm too big, cut off numerals, sub dial too small etc). When "normal" people hear our complaints they think we are crazy.

Some of these faults put us off buying the watch, but some don't, We even buy and own watches we pick faults with. In our eyes there are very few "the perfect one"

so here goes a little game for Easter, pick one of your watches - it could be your best or your favourite and say "this watch would be perfect if .........

For me, my favourite is my Omega Aqua Terra because it ticks more of my boxes than my others. Its a perfect size at 38.5mm and around 12mm thick, mostly brushed case and bracelet with some light polishing in parts to effect, great looking movement, dark matte/teak dial, date window, short lugs, long power reserve - in short things i appreciate, a great sporty dressy type all rounder.

Name:  IMAG1516.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  69.9 KBName:  IMAG1518.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  73.9 KBName:  IMAG1519.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  61.1 KBName:  IMAG1521.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  71.2 KB

However, the lume is pretty poor/sparse - to the point where theres no point to it - it lasts for no time at all - either have it or don't, but don't do silly quarter measures.

So

"This watch would be perfect if ............ The lume was applied to a good lasting level"

Ps. I didn't even mention that the minute hand needed lume applied to the stalk and not just the arrow head!!

2. Likes geoffbot, JAGtime, synequano liked this post
    God I'm with you there steppy - I think I'll just copy yours. I'm thinking about getting the hands replaced - I don't really like the arrorhead anyway tbh is it possible?!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

4. Likes I-B, iyonk liked this post
    This watch would be perfect if....

If......

Hmmmm....Never mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post

If......

Hmmmm....Never mind!

Wouldn't want to reduce the 14mm thickness down a bit?

You can still love it the same!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    Wouldn't want to reduce the 14mm thickness down a bit?

You can still love it the same!!!

No

8. Likes Steppy liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    God I'm with you there steppy - I think I'll just copy yours. I'm thinking about getting the hands replaced - I don't really like the arrorhead anyway tbh is it possible?!
    ^^^^ +1 what he said. That has always been the dealbreaker for me. I really fancy the quartz-version, but i can't get over that arrowhand.

Now my watch :

Name:  20140620_073231_zpsbjuc46ux.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  38.0 KB

^^^^this watch would have been perfect if it was a bit bigger (38-ish would be nice) and if the battery lasted a bit longer...

10. Likes Steppy, iyonk, synequano, germy liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post

If......

Hmmmm....Never mind!
    If it had a white dial and blue gmt hand!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

12. Likes Steppy liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    If it had a white dial and blue gmt hand!
    Did you end up buying the AT or are you still umming and arring?

This mako will be perfect if.... it doesn't have dual crown.. (yeah, i'm on the lower tier here.. )
    Attached Images Attached Images  

15. Likes I-B, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    This mako will be perfect if.... it doesn't have dual crown.. (yeah, i'm on the lower tier here.. )
    also one thing i miss on my mako (perhaps you miss it too?) is that it has no hackfunction

17. Likes iyonk liked this post