Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Stories

Ghost Stories

Have any good ones? Ever lived in a haunted house? Or are you a diehard skeptic?

I've yet to see anything supernatural and I wouldn't invite it either

I have tried, mates and I travelled to the Hellfire Club in the wee hours (many years ago).It's the ruins of a house of 'Disrepute', in a remote spot on the Dublin Mountains. Claims of devil worship and murder surround the place.

It was truly a terrifying experience being there at night, and bravado pushed me to stay longer than I wanted..

A couple of net pics

Another disturbing experience was my late Dad taking me to visit St.Michians church, in Dublin City.

My dad was a huge horror fan and reveled in scaring the bejebus out of me

This is very old and along with a tour of the main church you get taken to the crypt below, containing naturally mummified corpses..possibly the spookiest place I've been

3. Likes Ryan, is that my watch, Donf liked this post
    hmm there might be some thing out there if you read the bible it say's as much but we wont bring R.E in to it .. I think if you go looking be prepared to find out something you may not like and have we not all heard things as we all have and some have over time had sensible boring answer found out over time .

some not so much I think there is more then we know or think we know and that we only use a small part of our brain and that there is thing still to be discover we can all have foresight at times but maybe that is because we take in more then we realize and late at night as you go to sleep you replay it and maybe see things you missed the first time so I say it could be there if you want it to be but wanting it to be there could be a bad thing as well
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Have any good ones? Ever lived in a haunted house? Or are you a diehard skeptic?

Sceptic implies that ghosts are real ........

It's all a complete and utter load of Jackson Pollack's if you ask me x

6. Likes Churchy liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperami View Post
    I've yet to see anything supernatural and I wouldn't invite it either

I have tried, mates and I travelled to the Hellfire Club in the wee hours (many years ago).It's the ruins of a house of 'Disrepute', in a remote spot on the Dublin Mountains. Claims of devil worship and murder surround the place.

It was truly a terrifying experience being there at night, and bravado pushed me to stay longer than I wanted..

A couple of net pics

Another disturbing experience was my late Dad taking me to visit St.Michians church, in Dublin City.

My dad was a huge horror fan and reveled in scaring the bejebus out of me

This is very old and along with a tour of the main church you get taken to the crypt below, containing naturally mummified corpses..possibly the spookiest place I've been

So cool! I've heard of the Hellfire Club; probably from the TV. I (am slightly embarrassed to admit that I) occasionally indulge in some of the current paranormal reality shows, which have become so common in the last few years, and am always down for a good supernatural soap opera. That said, even though I've had my own experiences, I'm a skeptic, always trying to find real-world solutions for things that go bump in the night. I'll share my story in a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    So cool! I've heard of the Hellfire Club; probably from the TV. I (am slightly embarrassed to admit that I) occasionally indulge in some of the current paranormal reality shows, which have become so common in the last few years, and am always down for a good supernatural soap opera. That said, even though I've had my own experiences, I'm a skeptic, always trying to find real-world solutions for things that go bump in the night. I'll share my story in a bit...
    well the hellfire club started with Sir Francis Dashwood's Order of the Friars of St. Francis of Wycombe there are some caverns where they did things shall we say in London I think it was
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    hmm there might be some thing out there if you read the bible it say's as much but we wont bring R.E in to it .. I think if you go looking be prepared to find out something you may not like and have we not all heard things as we all have and some have over time had sensible boring answer found out over time .

some not so much I think there is more then we know or think we know and that we only use a small part of our brain and that there is thing still to be discover we can all have foresight at times but maybe that is because we take in more then we realize and late at night as you go to sleep you replay it and maybe see things you missed the first time so I say it could be there if you want it to be but wanting it to be there could be a bad thing as well

Based on my own experiences and the experiences that people have described for thousands of years, I'd say there's definitely something going on that we don't understand. Not saying the bogeymen are real, but I like your points about finding things when we're determined to find them and that we've still got a long ways to go to fully understanding how our brains work.

10. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    A friend's house had an odd noise every Friday evening. It came from their kitchen and sounded like a heavy chest being dragged a short distance on a stone floor. Their kitchen had a stone floor, but it was covered in vinyl tiles. There wasn't a cellar, or one that they knew of. The house was an early nineteenth century cottage.

My ears pricked up the first time I heard it from the sitting room next door. My friends exchanged glances and said that it happened every Friday, usually between 9 and 10. It didn't happen if someone was in the kitchen.

Many people heard it. It wasn't particularly scary so it was just accepted as something that happened in their house on Friday evenings.

12. Likes Ryan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well the hellfire club started with Sir Francis Dashwood's Order of the Friars of St. Francis of Wycombe there are some caverns where they did things shall we say in London I think it was
    Yeah I think there are many hellfire clubs..not exclusive to Dublin

14. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    well it did move across in the 18th century mainly in England /Ireland but it did get pick up in the 19th century in america after a fashion of sorts it is quite a story about it and the caverns are a tourist location now just can't remember exactly where it is now
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy