Likes Likes:  327
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok, I have a question

Ok, I have a question

Since I know for a fact that 95% of us co-exist on another forum. What are your intentions- do you plan to co-exist between two forums or will you be throwing everything into here. I guess I've been doing the latter this week but old habits die hard and I've been drawn back to see whats been going on even though I haven't beeen posting. So what are you thinking?

2. Likes jsw41 liked this post
    I plan on coexisting. But like you am putting time in here cause it's shiny and new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

I've been giving this quite a lot of thought. I was going to ask the same thing...or more like "how do you find the time to post on both forums?". I've just taken on a very busy position; I would barely have enough time to post on both forums before, and I sure don't now.
    I'm inclined to make ILW my default forum, both because of time constraints, but also because it feels like a breath of fresh air here. I was beginning to feel smothered by useless posts and trolls over there. I'll still pop in there from time to time, but I like it here mo' bettah.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

5. Likes jsw41, shameless, Ryan, wschofield3, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    I've been giving this quite a lot of thought. I was going to ask the same thing...or more like "how do you find the time to post on both forums?". I've just taken on a very busy position; I would barely have enough time to post on both forums before, and I sure don't now.
    I'm inclined to make ILW my default forum, both because of time constraints, but also because it feels like a breath of fresh air here. I was beginning to feel smothered by useless posts and trolls over there. I'll still pop in there from time to time, but I like it here mo' bettah.

~Sherry.
    I'm with you Sherry; even though I don't have your time constraints. However, I will check 'over there' from time to time, as long as there are still some familiar faces. It's fresh and new here, and for a while, at least, we are all on the same footing here.

John
    If you come to a fork in the road; take it, and then put it down so someone else can use it.

7. Likes shameless liked this post
    good question , which i'm sure has occurred to most of the old brigade - i agree with Sherry about it being a 'breath of fresh air ' here - it's just like a club that has moved to a new modern clubhouse with the same members and more comfortable chairs - unfortunately i wish Sherry had not pressed the ' troll' button - that is inevitable - what a kind of unwanted record that would be -to be the first troll 'outed 'on the forum [ unless it has already happened ]

I intend to go to the old place, from time to time. However and from now on, I have no intention to post there anymore.

10. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Did a quick drive by earlier but most of my reading time has been here.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

A phase of my time at The Other Forum had come to a close, and I had already started spending more time reading and lurking on the Russian and vintage forums and less time posting on the affordables. So coming here seems to take over nicely to some degree. If all the knowledge from those two sub forums suddenly moved here though.....

13. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    I already love the tone here -- which is a breath of fresh air. Just read a thread about Rolex, Omega and Breitling -- a measured, productive discussion with no background noise. Go figure! I hope this quality is something that can last. I'm feeling like this will now be my "go-to" watch forum.

15. Likes jsw41, is that my watch liked this post
    I spent most of my time in the WUS Cafe anyway, and most of those regulars are here already.

However, for some sections where I lurk (e.g., military/pilot sub forum or the high-end quartz), I much prefer WUS only because of the breadth of content and expertise.

So, both places, but I think I much prefer IWL, despite Chrono and Raza.

17. Likes Der Amf, dbakiva, Raza liked this post