Likes Likes:  33
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Films you've walked out of

Films you've walked out of

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I'm with Raza on Jurassic World. I walked out annoyed, not entertained.

Jeannie
    This post from Jeannie, which I think I'm wilfully misinterpreting, made me think about the act of walking out of a movie - getting up and leaving the cinema before it has finished.
    This is a reasonably uncommon thing to do, I think, partly because once you've paid for your exorbitant cinema ticket you'll do anything to get your money's worth, but also because it's quite a bold thing to do. "You're all fools for watching this," you whisper as you stride out of the auditorium. Plus of course there's the whole issue of leaving the rest of your party behind.

I've only ever walked out of one film, which was Michael Mann's greatly lauded 'Heat'. I think I managed about an hour before weighing up the opportunity cost of sitting through another 2 hours of boring macho posturing and great cinematography and came down on the side of enjoying the sunshine. I was unaccompanied in the cinema which made the decision easier.
    Unlike about 50% of the audience I didn't walk out of a showing of 'Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer' to an unsuspecting late night crowd in Cambridge in about 1990. That was one of the more memorable cinema going experiences of my life and also featured a fist fight between two of the patrons.
    I should add that I've fallen asleep in at least one screening of 'Apocalypse Now', possibly two.

2. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I've walked out of a couple (and been kicked out of one). Nutty Professor 2 and Monkeybone are the two I can remember walking out of. I also walked out of Wall-E, but only because I was called away and had to. I went back and watched it the next day (it was excellent). I got my money back for all three movies.

I wanted to walk out of Mad Max, but my brother was enjoying it, so I didn't.

Got kicked out of the 13th Warrior. I was under 17 at the time and with my brother and some of our friends (all 17), but they didn't like that I wasn't with a parent. So they wouldn't let us in. Then, we went to another ticket taker and he let us in. After that, the overzealous ticket taker who didn't let us in went on the hunt for us and found us, and had us kicked out. Then he campaigned to have our tickets not refunded, some sort of "two strikes and you're out" movie theater ticket ripper power trip--I'm sure now he's a wonderful mall security guard. We got our money back for that, too.

4. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    bighead
    I don't go to the movies. I'm anti-social. Or the mall. Or Disneyland. The last movie I saw in a theatre was Saving Private Ryan. I have American Sniper on dvd. Gonna watch it tomorrow. I do love the market, though, and I have walked out of ones that were inadequate for my needs/tastes.

6. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    Monkeybone is the Henry Selick live action one isn't it? I've always been intrigued by that but have never seen it.
    I agree that Wall-E is wonderful

Solipsistic Philosopher mpfrost's Avatar
    Not far from the geographic center of the contiguous 48.
    Transformers, don't remember exactly which one. Was a few years ago now. Walked out halfway through and requested my money back.
    I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul

Quote Originally Posted by mpfrost View Post
    Transformers, don't remember exactly which one. Was a few years ago now. Walked out halfway through and requested my money back.
    Which one is irrelevant. They are all worthy of walking out on.

10. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfrost View Post
    I wish I had when I saw the one I saw in theaters (the first one). Megan Fox was enough to keep me there as I endured Michael Bay's all-out assault on my childhood memories. I hold GI Joe more dear than even Transformers, and I have never tortured myself into watching them tear apart my childhood even further with that live action nightmare.

To be truthful, I have seen the first three Transformers movies and will watch the fourth at some point. Why? It's even past hate-watching. It's a morbid curiosity at this point. It's me wondering just how bad can they make those movies.

I actually thought the first Transformers movie and second GI Joe one were okay. Tolerable mindless blockbuster fair.

13. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    I actually thought the first Transformers movie and second GI Joe one were okay. Tolerable mindless blockbuster fair.
    I actually took it a little personally. I felt like Michael Bay was coming after me for some reason. I could never tell why. Might be because I didn't like The Rock. I mean, come on. A Ferrari 355 being outrun by an H1 Hummer? An H1 can barely outrun a bicycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I actually took it a little personally. I felt like Michael Bay was coming after me for some reason. I could never tell why. Might be because I didn't like The Rock. I mean, come on. A Ferrari 355 being outrun by an H1 Hummer? An H1 can barely outrun a bicycle.
    Lol, I liked The Rock too to be honest. I think I've hated everything else he's done though

16. Likes is that my watch liked this post