Unquestionably one of Grand Seiko's most surprising releases of 2019, the SBGK additions to the Elegance Collection had all the makings of a perfect dress watch. There was just one problem, however —*if I'm being really finickity, the dial options that were made available upon release were perhaps slightly out of keeping with that of a quintessential dress watch. Someone in the Japanese watchmaker's design team clearly had the same feeling, because less than six months after its initial unveiling, we have this — the Grand Seiko Elegance SBGK007. I was borderline ecstatic when this watch was unveiled, and waited with bated breath for the press watch to find its way into the office, eager to find out whether the crisp white dial I'd seen in countless press images was as arresting in person as it was on my Mac screen. And now that I've been able to spend some time with this svelte dress watch attached to my wrist, I have to admit it's a great dress watch … but it's not exactly what I was expecting. Allow me to explain. The press release for SBGK007, as well as the product description found on Grand Seiko's own website, characterise…

The post HANDS-ON: Is this Grand Seiko Elegance*SBGK007 a perfect dress watch? appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...