Likes Likes:  150
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dress watch choices.

Dress watch choices.

If you were in the market for a dress watch what would you choose and why. Set an arbitrary ceiling at $20K .
    I'll start off with these 3 but lets see your own favorites. No need to go to the max budget.

1. Chopard

2. Moser Venturer Bucherer special edition

3. Chronometre Bleu
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Hard to top the Moser, in my opinion.

3. Likes scottjc liked this post
    Got mine...You didn't state new or used?
    Chopard L.U.C. Mark III
    Name:  001.JPG
Views: 283
Size:  49.4 KBName:  009.JPG
Views: 219
Size:  58.3 KB
    Parmigiani, Tonda 39...
Views: 265
Size:  57.0 KB
    Then Rolex Day-Date
Views: 284
Size:  61.3 KB

5. Likes MarkO, popoki nui, rfortson, timekeeper liked this post
    Lets keep it simple and say new.
    Last edited by MarkO; Jan 21, 2015 at 05:42 PM.

Moser, but fume please

8. Likes mlcor, MarkO, Nokie, popoki nui, synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Moser, but fume please

These are absolutely spectacular. I've been fortunate to see one (actually, several Mosers) a couple of times. Amazing.

Now that I think about it, if you are talking dress watches without a date, I don't actually have any. I have a number of dressy watches, including a Breguet Marine, JLC Hometime, Nomos Ludwig, etc., but they all have dates. I guess when I'm wearing a suit, it's usually in a business context, and I like having a date. A dress watch currently on my short list is the Cartier MC Tank, but that too has a date.

For a "pure" dress watch (albeit with a second hand), I have to bust your budget. Sure wish they made it in stainless instead of platinum (tragically, a borrowed picture):

Name:  vacheron-constantin-patrimony-small-seconds-01.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  50.1 KB

The Moser and Journe are both gorgeous. I have not had the pleasure of seeing a Moser in person but their dials and cases look fantastic in photos.

Another great option is the JLC Jubilee. In platinum it comes in under $20k. I tried one on and would have loved to have taken it with me. It's classy and thin, making it a great dress watch option.

I'm fairly sure I can see some Mosers in person. I should go and gaze and report back, huh? Mind you, I'm not expecting I would have anything particularly sensible to say

12. Likes MarkO, Little Big Feather liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I'm fairly sure I can see some Mosers in person. I should go and gaze and report back, huh? Mind you, I'm not expecting I would have anything particularly sensible to say
    Please do, no drooling in the shop it's just embarrassing.

14. Likes Der Amf, Jeannie liked this post
    This

Why?

Just look at it!
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical