Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Social (Media) Butterfly

Blog Entries

Social (Media) Butterfly

You know how much of a technical dinosaur you have become when you discover stuff everybody else has known since - oh say 2007.
    Today I figured out how to auto publish the posts from my blog onto Twitter and how to translate the RSS feed to a newsreader called Feedly. Just call me a social media butterfly.

https://feedly.com/i/subscription/fe....com/Almontage

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

2. Likes is that my watch, gnuyork liked this post
    more then I can do lol don't even have twitter or book face or what ever it is called lol so well done you
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I really useful service you might like is IFTTT (if this, then that), it allows you to trigger online events based on other online events. So, for instance, whenever I post a photo on Instagram it also gets posted to my Flickr account.

5. Likes RayMac liked this post

I thought for a moment your latest post was a deliberate joke about twitter when I read

I never have been a big fan of Twitter. It always seemed to me to be a rather vacuous stream of consciousness application – not enough text to really say anything worthwhile. However I’m changing my mind about it. Perhaps I’ve

Yes I did click into it eventually and then found the complete message, but you get what I mean ?

I don't do twitter or facebook (unless someone wants to show me something , then I go on there grudgingly (via my blank profile))

PS: I don't quite understand who you're doing it for ?, is for family or something?

I like Twitter. I have four accounts.

One tweets solely about one of my other interests and is followed solely by similarly monomaniacal accounts.
    One is locked and can only be followed by colleagues in my freelance work
    One is in my real name, and is the public image of work. Mostly its followed by other people trying to do exactly the same thing lollllll

And one is utterly anonymous, where I park all my random but real thoughts and is followed by the fifty kind souls on the planet who want to read that piffle. In an ideal world I would be parking those thoughts on Facebook, but FB is mostly full of uptight tutting about diets and dating and the provision of classical music in schools blah blah blah

8. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post

One tweets solely about one of my other interests and is followed solely by similarly monomaniacal accounts.
    One is in my real name, and is the public image of work. Mostly its followed by other people trying to do exactly the same thing lollllll

And one is utterly anonymous, where I park all my random but real thoughts and is followed by the fifty kind souls on the planet who want to read that piffle. In an ideal world I would be parking those thoughts on Facebook, but FB is mostly full of uptight tutting about diets and dating and the provision of classical music in schools blah blah blah
    Yes, Twitter is my favourite of the big social sites.
    I have a number of different accounts, none that active at the moment. 2 personal ones, 3 to promote my writing and 2 parody ones.

Actually, 4 to promote my writing, just remembered another one.

This is the limit of my internet interaction. Web page, Facebook page, twitter all operated in my name by MrsO.
    I don't even seem to be able to post (embed?) a video in my posts here so just post the links.
    Did manage to do photobucket.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    This is the limit of my internet interaction. Web page, Facebook page, twitter all operated in my name by MrsO..
    C'mon Mark, come clean, your lovely wife is also doing all of your IWL interaction isn't she?

She just shouts over to you I've just said this or that and they love it , and you nod approvingly...

I must say she has hairy arms/wrists though

13. Likes MarkO liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post

I received an email today, I think it was sent to all GDC (UK dentist) members about the importance of keeping professional and personal accounts separated, seems to support your position of anonymity here to protect your professional persona.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

15. Likes Der Amf liked this post