Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's up with Nomos lugs?

What's up with Nomos lugs?

I really like what I've seen and read about Nomos, but what's up with some of the extra long lugs? That gap between the case and the strap on some models drives me insane. It looks like a mistake but I'm sure it's part of their design. Am I alone here or do you guys like it? The Metro line knows what's up. Those lugs are awesome. If I could buy a no date Metro I'm not sure I could resist.

Metro:

Name:  Nomos Metro 38 Lugs 02.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  21.5 KB

Bad lugs:

Name:  Nomos Club Lugs.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  144.4 KB

Name:  Nomos Bad Lugs 02.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  47.1 KB

Wow, I see what you mean , the first one looks ok, but you could walk through the other two ?!?

I've never noticed that before/so far ! , but those two latter pictures really show it up as a big thing !

That is one of the reasons I sold mine.

The gap and the fact that even the smaller sized ones wear very large because of the long lugs.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Wow, I see what you mean , the first one looks ok, but you could walk through the other two ?!?

I've never noticed that before/so far ! , but those two latter pictures really show it up as a big thing !
    Ha! Walk through it--I love it.

5. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    That is one of the reasons I sold mine.

The gap and the fact that even the smaller sized ones wear very large because of the long lugs.
    Someone somewhere must be saying "If you can't see a good amount of skin between the watch and the wrist the lugs are not long enough."

7. Likes ljb187 liked this post
    I never noticed until someone mentioned it a year ago or so. I don't think they look disproportionate, on the 38mm orion case at least. In some photos they look normal and in some they look long, you gotta try it on really.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

I like some of their designs but the extra long lugs are a big turn off.

I've noticed it before and believe it was brought up on another forum. Huge turnoff for me.
    Cheers,

Richard

Yeah, the lugs are long, but the 38mm Orion worked well for me. The Horween strap is silky smooth and flexible too.

Name:  Nomos1.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  68.2 KB

12. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    In some photos they look normal and in some they look long, you gotta try it on really.
    I wish I could try them on. I'm hesitant to spend that much coin buying one sight unseen. I really like the Ahoi except for the $4k+ price tag. I also think the new Metro 38 Datum is cool except for the date and weak water resistance and I'm unsure about those hands.

I may take a chance on a used no date Ahoi if I see one for sale second hand.