Likes Likes:  46
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show us your hen's tooth watch

Show us your hen's tooth watch

I've been searching, and searching, and searching for a Seiko BFK. Not just your typical black dialed BFK, or Pepsi, or PVD, or even the yellow that rarely comes up, but the JDM model in ORANGE.

Which leads to my question for mine and every watch nerds' amusement: what is your hen's tooth watch - either one that you own or one you're chasing?

2. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    We generally refer to that as our "grail", and I'm not telling mine....some dirtbag will snatch it up and charge me double to get it

Best wishes finding your Seiko, great looking piece.

I occasionally look for one of these, and the annoying thing is that they were once quite commonplace. I'm sure I'd find one if I devoted myself to it, but I'm not the sort for extended quests.

Last edited by tribe125; Dec 25, 2014 at 01:39 AM.

5. Likes Bwana, Chase, Kronos liked this post
    Maybe an original Pam Bronzo at its original price,heck...I'm not going to pay PP 5711 money for any bronzo

My grail is something that if I found I couldn't or wouldn't pay for, I still dream of getting one for a song at an estate auction though... My grail a tropical 6541

ALS Blancpain Breguet Hamilton IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron
    It's wack if it don't say Patek!
    Stealin' lunch money on school playgrounds for Rolex since 1978

8. Likes Teeritz, JAGtime, popoki nui, -JP liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    We generally refer to that as our "grail"
    Not sure, Grail isn't always rare (as a hen's tooth)... Grail could just be the ultimate watch you aspire to... might not necessarily be a rare one, just freaking expensive !

10. Likes Bwana, Slant, popoki nui, Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by synequano View Post
    Maybe an original Pam Bronzo at its original price,heck...I'm not going to pay PP 5711 money for any bronzo
    That makes two (or a BUNCH) of us. I keep hoping for a 44mm Bronzo and have an agreement with my AD that if they make one and he can get one I can have it at retail.
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Hamilton IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron
    It's wack if it don't say Patek!
    Stealin' lunch money on school playgrounds for Rolex since 1978

Agree,44 mm destro bronzo with smooth bezel and P5000 movt will be so freakin' cool

Personally I find the diver bezel on submersible to be a scratch magnet,hence I like smooth bezel models

An Apollo 35th or Mitsukoshi Speedy would be a close substitute but a 6263 is a 6263.

There's also the Kari GMT-6

14. Likes JAGtime, popoki nui, tribe125, Seriously liked this post
    hen's teeth to me means hard to find or rare to find - i would say this one of mine fits that category -the Citizen AP0600-01e sometimes referred to as the Ray Mears -not to be confused with similar looking versions Name:  1258380d1382398612-wruw-tuesday-10-22-2013-_dx10025-copy 11-57-13.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  212.5 KB great watch !

16. Likes JAGtime, Bwana, jsw41, DM71 liked this post