Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Ant-Man! (trust me)

Ant-Man! (trust me)

Ant-Man is a Marvel character I know nothing at all about, but my son and I saw the trailer for the new movie today and it looks GREAT.
    The movie is co-written by Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, etc) and Joe Cornish (who Brits of a certain age will know from comedy duo Adam and Joe) and the trailer is really fun.
    Trust me and watch it right to the end for a wonderfully unexpected moment.

https://youtu.be/1HpZevFifuo

2. Likes bu11itt liked this post
    Blog Entries
    What I find really interesting is that they're doing the movie about Scott Lang, not really Hank Pym, who was the original Ant Man and the inventor/discoverer of Pym particles, which allow the change in size.

I mean, they already retconned Pym out of being one the creators of Ultron, so I guess it makes sense to skip his reign as Ant Man and ignore the Wasp.

I'm a big fan of Paul Rudd and Edgar Wright, so I'm very much looking forward to this.

Be interesting to see how close they keep the hero in the movie to the original Marvel character created in the comic book.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Yeah, he's a character I have absolutely no knowledge of, despite devouring comics in my teens. Marvel-wise I was always more of a X-people kind of a guy, plus Daredevil and Punisher

Savagely Average
    The trailer before Avengers this afternoon were intriguing. It looks like it could be a pretty fun movie

7. Likes rfortson liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    What I find really interesting is that they're doing the movie about Scott Lang, not really Hank Pym, who was the original Ant Man and the inventor/discoverer of Pym particles, which allow the change in size.

I mean, they already retconned Pym out of being one the creators of Ultron, so I guess it makes sense to skip his reign as Ant Man and ignore the Wasp.

I'm a big fan of Paul Rudd and Edgar Wright, so I'm very much looking forward to this.
    From what I understand Michael Douglas is playing Hank Pym and this is the 2nd generation storyline.
    Chris:

I just watched the trailer. Up until this point I'd only seen the teaser. That looked really good. I was pumped before. Now I'm really pumped.
    Chris:

10. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bu11itt View Post
    From what I understand Michael Douglas is playing Hank Pym and this is the 2nd generation storyline.
    Yeah. But I think the movie is mostly about Scott Lang, not Hank Pym. Strange they went that route.

Well Ultron has created by Tony Stark... So whatcha gonna do...
    Chris: