Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Suunto fans?

Suunto fans?

Just curious.... haven't seen them show up much here.

I got a survey in the mail about Suunto / Strava interaction.... with some luck (well, a lot of luck) I could win the Ambit 3 raffle!

Great watches! I only have 10 or 11 lol.

3. Likes Raza liked this post
    I have a X-Lander - that thing is built like a tank. I rarely wear it however because the volume of the alarm and timer beep is just useless. I mainly use it at home as a weather station to check MSLP.
    Cheers, Sedi

5. Likes Jeff_C liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    Great watches! I only have 10 or 11 lol.
    10! Nice.....

Here are my 4....

X6
    Name:  20140501_095707_zpsf3na1v3y.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  35.1 KB

Core
    Name:  091710f4ea96e2f909f875b465d7abdd_zps17407198.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  66.8 KB

Ambit
    Name:  20131229_112848_zpswptd183s.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  37.9 KB

Ambit 2
    Name:  20140302_142218_zpsspagxavd.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  41.8 KB

7. Likes Jeff_C liked this post
    Utterly fantastic watches. I've owned two - right now the Ambit 2 is on my wrist whenever i'm doing any sort of training - swimming running, cycling, etc. Their online "movescount" software is equally fantastic at logging, saving, and comparing your training data.

I've been wanting to pick up a Core - for camping and hiking as well... I've seen them in action, and have been very impressed with their ability to predict weather.

9. Likes TokyoLunch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by thewalrus View Post
    Utterly fantastic watches. I've owned two - right now the Ambit 2 is on my wrist whenever i'm doing any sort of training - swimming running, cycling, etc. Their online "movescount" software is equally fantastic at logging, saving, and comparing your training data.
    Do you use other software for logging training or just movescount?

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoLunch View Post
    Do you use other software for logging training or just movescount?
    I just use movescount. For now at least. I just ordered a fitbit surge - so we'll see how that goes. And how I survive with two training / fitness logs.

I'm always a little bit wary of 'over analyzing', and 'over logging' fitness metrics. And risk assuming 'good numbers' = 'good health'. Or establishing arbitrary plateaus or targets.

12. Likes Jeff_C liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I love Suuntos. I only have one, but I've been searching for the right deal on an Elementum Terra or Ventus, negative dial, but not PVD. Preferably on brown leather, but I can always change that later.

What I have now is an X-Lander Military. Love it. After my experiment with G-Shock, I just didn't think I'd go for a digital. But the X-Lander really won me over. I love the huge size, the light weight, the all black case, the negative dial. It's a way more casual watch than I'd normally wear, but something about it just works for me, and I don't mind wearing it out. Obviously not to dinner or at night to a bar, but I wouldn't shy away from day drinking with it, and I often wear it while running errands. And I have this one blue long sleeve t-shirt that I almost always wear it with. Don't know why, but I really like the combination.

I had comfort issues with the stock elastomer strap, so after a while I changed out to the synthetic strap from Suunto, which resembles a sailcloth strap. Love it. The strap is what opened up more wearing opportunities for me. And since, unlike the elastomer, it doesn't go from 22mm at the lugs to 24mm and then taper (it tapers straight down from 22mm), it wears a lot more comfortably for me (I hate 24mm wide straps).

After the elastomer, but before the synth, I tried it on an 22mm Maratac Elite strap. Again, not the most comfortable for wearing for long periods of time, but it did the work.

That may be my only shot of it on the synthetic strap. I'll take a better one soon.