Likes Likes:  61
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How bad can it be: Zeiger Sport Mens Watch Brown Leather Band Military Watch For Men

How bad can it be: Zeiger Sport Mens Watch Brown Leather Band Military Watch For Men

Can't remember who did these threads before, or even if it was here or in the old place, but I always thought they were fun. Having just inadvertently bought this Zeiger for £12.49 from Amazon in a Lightning Deal (and split second failure of sanity) and then failed to cancel the order in time I thought I might have a candidate for such a thread.
    I picked up the watch this morning from one of the most miserable men I have ever met (the watch was delivered to a local newsagent) and was immediately both appalled and delighted by it.

IMG_1825.JPG by Olly Clarke, on Flickr

IMG_1818.JPG by Olly Clarke, on Flickr

The case is base metal and the finish is truly awful (as OhDark30 commented, "it's sort of plumbing supplies level").

IMG_1820.JPG by Olly Clarke, on Flickr

It features a quartz analog movement and a separate digital one which features the same feature set that you get in a Casio F91W - time, date, alarm, stopwatch, hourly chime. The crown to set the hands is tiny and covered by the ridiculous (but kind of fun) canteen crown - something that is decorative only as the watch boasts 1 ATM water resistance (or lack of).

IMG_1822.JPG by Olly Clarke, on Flickr

IMG_1824.JPG by Olly Clarke, on Flickr

The crystal is a domed affair which is tolerable, the strap is fake (or at least incredibly poor) leather but actually not actually that bad - just much too long for me.

IMG_1819.JPG by Olly Clarke, on Flickr

Once I got it on a Nato though the short lugs make it surprisingly wearable.

IMG_1827.JPG by Olly Clarke, on Flickr

So, why did I use the word delight at the start?
    Well on its own terms it just kind of works. It's completely ludicrous but it knows it. The dial, and in particular the Zeiger logo, is wonderfully cartoonish and the back is even better.

IMG_1821.JPG by Olly Clarke, on Flickr

Overall, it feels like the kind of watch the villain in a bad b movie would wear.

It's not the best watch you can buy, it's not even the best watch you can buy for £12.49 delivered, but I really rather like it.

Holy crapskis, Batman! Please tell me you didn't trade the Batcopter for that!

3. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    Congrats! That's just......

....mmmm

......Limited Edition!

Still beats a cellphone! Enjoy!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

5. Likes is that my watch, OhDark30, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Congrats! That's just......

....mmmm

......Limited Edition!

Still beats a cellphone! Enjoy!

~Sherry.
    I know you're jealous really

7. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    It has a batman logo on the back.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

9. Likes Nokie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    I know you're jealous really

That obvious, eh?
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

well on closer inspection well yes hmmm a nato you say yes rather a fine nato at that shame about the watch

so just how many pints was it you had then
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    That obvious, eh?
    Be honest, if it has LED rather than LCD displays you'd be all over it

13. Likes is that my watch, popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Be honest, if it has LED rather than LCD displays you'd be all over it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

15. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well on closer inspection well yes hmmm a nato you say yes rather a fine nato at that shame about the watch

so just how many pints was it you had then
    Remarkably I was sober

17. Likes popoki nui liked this post