Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate them all

I hate them all

Internet (and landline) providers

Just getting out of a 3 year contract (ended in december) for my landline ..... because ? ........... they had a clause in there saying if I cancelled (or transferred) at any time within the contract ... they wanted 36 times the monthly landline cost for loss of business - some £800+ !!!!
    ANY time within the contract !!
    Yes I'd signed it in a hurry and not read the clause

They weren't that expensive p.m. but this clause SUCKED big time.. I only found out about it by chance after I tried to change providers last year, set everything in motion and then got a demand letter.

Sooooo, I'm glad that 3 year contract ended in december - long time coming !!

So now I'm going to bring my business landline provision to my IP and reduce the collective fee for both from £30 to about £21 p.m.!

(The get-out clause is a bit better on this one by just wanting the remainder of any unused contract if I cancel mid term - standard practice?, lot better than full term anytime )

Are you stuck in a contract? Name:  popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif
Views: 158
Size:  9.8 KB

2. Likes TokyoLunch liked this post

4. Likes Seriously, Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoLunch View Post
    um. welcome?

Release of pent up grrrrrr after getting this side of that contract just nod and agree.

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask, so you could see him coming

6. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    yeah man, screw them!

Who actually uses landlines anyway!!

Blog Entries
    Moved from Lobby to Lounge.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

9. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    Moved from Lobby to Lounge.

Jeannie
    Have you any proof it was in the lobby originally ??

(Just nod and agree as in the first post )

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo
    Who actually uses landlines anyway!!
    Here , you have to rent a landline to put the internet on it ................ another GRR

I'm stuck in a contract w/ T-Mobile from the old days & I'm PO'd..I want the new I Phone but IF I stay w/ T-mobile it's full price,but IF I switch carriers they are offering a free I phone &"THE" worst part of this is T-Mobile offers the I phone for free to new customers who they do not have any prior dealings w/, but ME a custo w/ 8 yrs history w/ them has to pay full price.WTF..Does not make any sense.So I'm stuck w/ this until the end of next month...
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

12. Likes Seriously liked this post
    That's not right at all WD

Another thing that irritates me , is when a repeat (ongoing) customer special deal ends, I've had an IP company revert the deal to the old price after it finishes!, and you have to call again to re-negotiate the same deal - double grrrr, like as they assume you'll be ok with that !

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    That's not right at all WD

Another thing that irritates me , is when a repeat (ongoing) customer special deal ends, I've had an IP company revert the deal to the old price after it finishes!, and you have to call again to re-negotiate the same deal - double grrrr, like as they assume you'll be ok with that !

Been there done that w/ COX Cable..Hate those DB's.I'm on the phone once a month w/ them about my bill EVERY SINGLE MONTH.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Those contracts are what keeps corporate attorneys well fed....
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

16. Likes Seriously liked this post