Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3-hands or chrono ?

Question 3-hands or chrono ?

Wich do you prefer? I go for 3-hands. I never need the chrono-function. IMO the subdials clutter the dial. A rotating inner/outerbezel with minutescale is a handy tool to use as a countdowntimer. If you love chrono's, could you tell us what u use the cronofunction for?
    Grtzzz,
    I-B

Chrono! It's a passion that lasts for almost 40 years.

And yes, I actually use the chrono function and even if I didn't, I still like the aesthetics. What can I say?!

3. Likes Jazzmaster, rfortson liked this post
    I used to be mainly chrono but now I am appreciating the elegance and simplicity of 3 handers. I do use the chrono function for timing my dives (Tag Aquagraph can run the chrono underwater due to the rubber gaskets on the pushers) and various other activities........
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

Blog Entries
    On my Omega Speedmaster Professional, I use the chrono hand as a date pointer, since the watch itself doesn't have a date window.
    "Why didncha just get a chrono with a date, Teeritz?"
    That would have been too easy.
    And besides, it's a Speedmaster.

When I worked at the watch AD, I'd run the chrono hand and then stop it so that it was directly opposite the minute hand on the dial. That way, I could see when my (minuscule and inadequate) 30 minute lunch break was nearing its end. Sure, I could have left the chrono running and read the elapsed time off the chronograph dials, but doing it my way provided at-a-glance readability.

Deep down, I suppose I prefer a basic three-handed wristwatch over anything else. It's a toss-up as to whether I'd settle for a dive watch with bezel, or just a basic DateJust/AquaTerra "urban man's dress watch".
    But a nice chronograph is a wonderful thing.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

At the risk of being [more] boring: both! I like the look and simplicity (esthetically and at servicing time) of a three-hander, with or w/o a rotating bezel. But I like chronographs too; I like the looks of a nicely laid out chrono dial, and I like their functionality. I use chronos for timing photos, parking meters, cooking, driving times on road trips, and so on.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

7. Likes JAGtime, iyonk liked this post
    Variety, variety, variety... You need a 2 hand, 3 hand, dates, no dates, dress, diver, GMT, 2, 3 register chrono, HAQ ani-digi, maybe a world timer, grand complication, moon phase, all of it!!! And yes I use my chrono to time cooking of meals, primarily steaks

9. Likes Jazzmaster, JAGtime, rfortson liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Variety, variety, variety... You need a 2 hand, 3 hand, dates, no dates, dress, diver, GMT, 2, 3 register chrono, HAQ ani-digi, maybe a world timer, grand complication, moon phase, all of it!!! And yes I use my chrono to time cooking of meals, primarily steaks
    you forgot to mention 1-handers

Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    you forgot to mention 1-handers

Nah just haven't found one I like

12. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Nah just haven't found one I like
    you could try and look at http://uk.copernicus-watch.pl/collections/

14. Likes Dienekes liked this post
    I overwhelmingly prefer 3 handers. I do have one chronograph in my collection and oddly it's one of my favourite watches. I guess I just like how it looks and wears. I have never used the chronograph function. A rotating time lapse bezel is all I ever need.