Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rolex Oyster real or fake?

Rolex Oyster real or fake?

Hi
    A friend of mine proposed to sell me, among other watches,this Rolex Oyster.I must go to visit his house,which is in the next town, so as to save me the visit could you tell me if this rolex appears to be legit from the first and only photo he sent me.He doesn't have any papers because he lost them,as he claims,between houses he changed.

Thank youName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426541418.387180.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  140.2 KB

Looks good to me. If he was a real friend would be sell you a fake watch knowing it's fake? If so might wanna get some new friends.

Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post
    Looks good to me. If he was a real friend would be sell you a fake watch knowing it's fake? If so might wanna get some new friends.
    Lol what can i say.Knowing that i'm new to the subject,maybe one might be tempted..Maybe i'm wrong but two things worry me from the google search i did
    1. The distance between the crown and the upper index seems different
    2. The t in the ft isn't curved in it's lower edge.
    What do you think?

looking at your previous post record i am not convinced if this is a genuine query ,think it was 'the lost papers ' that did it !! you are quite right about about the gap between the crown and 12 marker -generally they are set closer - difficult to say from the image you show - print on this and indeed any Rolex would be extremely sharp and i'm not totally convinced this is - there would be anomalies or inconsistencies in the print on a fake - also usually the bracelet clasp would be a giveaway Name:  ROLEX Deep Sea.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  63.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426541418.387180.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  140.2 KB judge for yourself

5. Likes nerwnas liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    looking at your previous post record i am not convinced if this is a genuine query ,think it was 'the lost papers ' that did it !! you are quite right about about the gap between the crown and 12 marker -generally they are set closer - difficult to say from the image you show - print on this and indeed any Rolex would be extremely sharp and i'm not totally convinced this is - there would be anomalies or inconsistencies in the print on a fake - also usually the bracelet clasp would be a giveaway Name:  ROLEX Deep Sea.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  63.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426541418.387180.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  140.2 KB judge for yourself
    Yes initially it was the papers that caused it all.Then i tried from what i had to find any detail in favor or against the authenticity and i came up with these two.Thanks for the hints

No papers plus that one single difference in the dial would be enough to stop one's enthusiasm, I would have thought.

Also the hour markers, the more I stare at them, the more strange they look. Perhaps that's just the light in the photo. The two o'clock one especially.

Given the expense of a Rolex and the fact that near perfect fakes are well known and the red flag of missing papers, surely it would be foolhardy to spend money on it without having thorough experience of the real thing?
    Last edited by Der Amf; Mar 17, 2015 at 07:29 AM.

8. Likes nerwnas liked this post
    From the photo, the indents on the bezel look wrong as well to me.

Also the number 4 on the bezel.
    Last edited by Colin63; Mar 17, 2015 at 08:48 AM.
    There's nothing important to read here.

10. Likes nerwnas liked this post
    There's nothing important to read here.

12. Likes Rusty, nerwnas liked this post
    Usually it's simple. Bring it to a watch maker, have them remove the back. The movement will give it away. There are no real good copies of the movements. The only real clone has a crude finishing that does not come close to the real thing.

Have to admit that I often wonder if the endless My Friend or My Uncle posts are just fraudsters using knowledgeable people as quality control, working out what level to pitch their latest fake at.