Likes Likes:  36
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Despite what you might have heard....

hey welcome back hope you had a great time
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    Sounds like a great trip Ray. Had you been to Australia before?
    Had not, and sadly had only a couple of days in Sydney before my ship sailed away. That is like spending a weekend in Toronto and saying. "I've been to Canada."
    What I saw of Sydney I certainly liked. We took a ferry ride to Manly and spent most of our time in "The Rocks" - although we did walk downtown and see the Victoria shopping mall. Very cool.
    The most depressing part was leaving a tough winter scene in Ottawa and arriving in Australia to see the autumn leaves falling from the trees. Oy...

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

Quote Originally Posted by RayMac View Post
    BTW (and I can't figure out why) the ship's store had MASSIVE sales on Invicta (they are now claiming they are made in the USA.)
    Name:  orly.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  21.1 KB

4. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Glad you had a good cruise, sounds like an incredible trip! Hope your Grandkids were with you for at least part of it.

WRT the watch
    Nothing too exciting though
    Are you kidding? Perhaps you forgot who your audience is here? We're watch nuts hanging out on a watch forum, remember? We get excited over G Shocks! You had us at "yes I bought a watch".
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

6. Likes JAGtime, popoki nui liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Time has been very tight these last few days (got cat health problems again) but here is a quick photo of the Bulova dress watch I got on the cruise. Nothing too fancy but it's comfortable and functional.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

8. Likes whatmeworry, FuzzyB liked this post
    Very nice Ray, classic and simple, I like it.

Sorry to hear about your cat, hoping he (she?) gets better in a hurry!
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Blog Entries
    Hope so too, T. However he's 16 and not well at all so we are trying to face up to the inevitable right now.

Blog Entries
    Sammy's passed away peacefully today. A great pet - 16 years of happiness for him and ourselves. RIP.

12. Likes pepperami liked this post
    Really sorry to hear that, Ray, but glad he had such a long and happy life with you and your family.

Blog Entries
    I'm so sorry, Ray.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .