Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cara Delevingne Auctioning Her TAG Heuer for Cecil the Lion

Cara Delevingne Auctioning Her TAG Heuer for Cecil the Lion

English fashion model, actress, and singer Cara Delevingne, is auctioning her personal watch, a TAG Heuer, to raise money for lion conservation in honor of Cecil the Lion. As we all know, Cecil, a lion in Zimbabwe, was recently killed by an American dentist who was trophy hunting.

The auction is being held on eBay. It ends on August 10 at 12:26 British Standard Time. As of this posting, the bid was $10,400. There's more information about the auction and how to bid on my blog at http://www.abetterwrist.com.

All the proceeds from the auction will go to the Wildlife Conservation Research Unit, which had been studying Cecil at the time he was killed.

Cara Delevingne is one of TAG Heuer's ambassador. This Special Edition Carrera Cara Delevingne watch was designed for her. She's worn it several times and during the last Monaco Grand Prix. (The watch is available for sale in several versions, including with or without diamonds.) It's a 41 mm watch with Swiss quartz movement. The case has a titanium-carbide coating. A lion's head is engraved on the back of the watch because Leo the Lion is Cara Delevingne's astrological sign, but the lion means much more than that now.

Bill

Name:  tag.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  76.9 KB

Name:  tag 3.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  215.6 KB

2. Likes Ryan, dbakiva, geoffbot, BlackNomad, synequano liked this post
    Blog Entries
    That's a nice gesture.

Brava.
    Updated after some divestment:

Glashütte Original Senator Hand Date (GONE) | Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow (GONE - turns out I don’t much care for chronographs) | Omega Seamaster 300 GMT "Great White" | Rolex Datejust 16013 | Ulysse Nardin 14K chronometre (c. 1960s) | Marathon TSAR | Meistersinger Metris | Apple Watch

Not the subject of the thread (and well done, Cara), but I really like that promotional picture. I've been seeing it for several months now, and it's one of the few ambassador promotions that has ever caught my eye.

Nice gesture
    Isn't it slightly annoying that there are 70 diamonds around the bezel, though?

Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    Nice gesture
    Isn't it slightly annoying that there are 70 diamonds around the bezel, though?
    More annoying if you caught the doorframe with it, and then there were 67

8. Likes Bill Adler, Chase, BlackNomad, theague liked this post
    Otoh, might be useful for some sort of crime involving glass cutting
    (saw Mission Impossible the other day, it's got me thinking)
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

OK, I realize I've been a dentist for most of my life and maybe am sensitized to this but for the life of me I can not understand why in every post, news release, conversation the word "dentist" is inserted in the description of the alleged lion murderer. Several other poachers have been mentioned in other articles and I've yet to see even one of their professions mentioned. The fact that he's a dentist has no bearing on his crime. He's also bald - why don't they say "the bald American that killed...."? Or "the American Seventh Day Adventist that killed..."? And so on.

Bloody dentists - they're always killing Lions ... especially bald ones .....

You say he was a 7th day advent-dentist too?

bastard !

Seriously - I think that particular bald bloke should have his balls chopped off

12. Likes Donf, Ryan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Donf View Post
    OK, I realize I've been a dentist for most of my life and maybe am sensitized to this but for the life of me I can not understand why in every post, news release, conversation the word "dentist" is inserted in the description of the alleged lion murderer. Several other poachers have been mentioned in other articles and I've yet to see even one of their professions mentioned. The fact that he's a dentist has no bearing on his crime. He's also bald - why don't they say "the bald American that killed...."? Or "the American Seventh Day Adventist that killed..."? And so on.
    He would be similarly identified were he a physician, an attorney, an accountant, a business executive, a contract killer, a politician, a realtor, or a standup comedian. It's not just dentists.

You're all no damn good.
    Updated after some divestment:

Glashütte Original Senator Hand Date (GONE) | Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow (GONE - turns out I don’t much care for chronographs) | Omega Seamaster 300 GMT "Great White" | Rolex Datejust 16013 | Ulysse Nardin 14K chronometre (c. 1960s) | Marathon TSAR | Meistersinger Metris | Apple Watch