Likes Likes:  41
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First IWL forum watch

First IWL forum watch

Hey guys

Pleased to announce that we have the go ahead for our first forum watch! Wanted to gauge interest here for numbers. A reputable supplier a few of us have worked with in the past has a surplus of cases and movements we can use that will enable us to proceed with a custom piece whilst keeping the costs fair and reasonable. We do need to commit to at least 150 units in order to make it work though which may be an issue because we are only fledgling and don't have thousands of members yet, but if we can get 150 we can make it work. You can canvas your friends and people you know elsewhere if you're interested, and we may even move to kickstarter for a limited production run if we can't get the numbers here.

Right - the specifics. Like I say the case and movement are the only two definites - everything else we can customise - the dial - flat, sunburst/indeces (arabic, roman, baton markers, dots etc), hands - practically any stock type - stick, sword, Mercedes etc, crystal (sapphire or if people prefer acrylic if we go for a vintage vibe)....we won't be supplying a strap as this has worked will in the past in The Other Place, and enables us to keep cost down.

Based on our experience of these projects in the past we have a timeline for design as around 12 weeks, and production and delivery as 3-6 months after this. The design elements will be hashed our here amongst all interested parties and voted for using the STV Single Transferable Voting system http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_transferable_vote.

We figure an IWL logo on the dial would be nice - our logo is as below and would probably work best etched, or in monochrome.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1427861360249.png
Views: 194
Size:  3.3 KB

I think 12 o clock would be a good placement, but that's open to discussion. The movement is no date. Speaking of movement this will be an Asian*6497 clone with swan neck regulator and the different bridges.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1427861803427.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  89.0 KB

We can do a display case but to keep costs down it will be more plainly decorated that this.

Case dimensions

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1427861516220.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  30.7 KB

This case is a 46mm stainless steel with 60mm lug to lug, but we can gold plate or DLC it. It will look something like this, but with our custom dial, hands, etc.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1427861921212.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  52.0 KB

Price will be around $1500 if we can get the numbers. Who's in?!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

2. Likes whatmeworry, germy, HKEd, Der Amf, ljb187 liked this post
    $1500 each?
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

4. Likes geoffbot, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    $1500 each?
    Could be less if we get more than 150 people. And remember this is a limited edition and custom watch, hand built to our specifications.

I'd never spend that much on a no date watch, otherwise I'd be in like Flynn.

7. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    enjoy your April fools day. I'm sure I will!

9. Likes geoffbot, popoki nui, HKEd, Upstate liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    I'd never spend that much on a no date watch, otherwise I'd be in like Flynn.
    I'll see if we can get a DD date module added. You happy with the case size? It wears smaller due to the 9 o clock subdial.

11. Likes germy, whatmeworry liked this post
    I'm in for 150 pieces!

(a 46mm that wears small that cost $1,500 is surely a prank!)

13. Likes HKEd liked this post
    I'm in..the watch will look like a sawtooth tiger with 46mm case and 60 mm lugs LOL

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    It wears smaller due to the 9 o clock subdial.
    LOL.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

I'll in for 300 pieces if it doesn't have P*nis on the dial!