Likes Likes:  942
Page 14 of 98 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your new shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I don't know if shoes are getting smaller. When I was in high school, I used to wear 13, now I wear 12 in pretty every type of shoe. Might be that I learned my feet better. Style was different back then, people used to wear their shoes very loose.
    I expect in my case it's a combination of weight gain and the brands I buy. Used to wear mostly 8s. Now I buy 8 1/2, 9 and occasionally 9 1/2. My Father had mostly 8 1/2s. Usually kept them in the original boxes and often on shoe trees when not in use, so many are like new. I got some Rockports, Florsheim and a few other brands from him.
    Last edited by T Bone; Apr 29, 2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    I expect in my case it's a combination of weight gain and the brands I buy. Used to wear mostly 8s. Now I buy 8 1/2, 9 and occasionally 9 1/2. My Father had mostly 8 1/2s. Usually kept them in the original boxes and often on shoe trees when not in use, so many are like new. I got some Rockports, Florsheim and a few other brands from him.
    Sounds like a man who took great care. Usually a good sign.

Glad you asked! Any excuse to show these bad boys off.... Haven't actually worn them yet. Picked up Monday night and been working since. Unless you count walking the dog, feeding & bathing a toddler and sitting on the couch watching Netflix, I haven't really had the opportunity yet...Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1430361078678.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  122.8 KB

Name:  IMG_3598.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  127.9 KBnew Mx boots
    Omega Speedmaster Ed White

Omega PO Chrono 45
    Rolex DSSD
    Seiko Pogue gold
    Deep Blue diver
    Zodiac oceanaire
    many Citizen and Seiko from the years.

5. Likes T Bone, geoffbot, bu11itt, muddy250 liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Time to dust this thread off. Great sale on these Cole Haan LunarGrands with the Nike soles. I've wanted some for a while but couldn't justify the price.

Nice kicks, gabe. I only wear boots and brogues. Maybe I should branch out.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Nice kicks, gabe. I only wear boots and brogues. Maybe I should branch out.
    Since I work from home I am usually in flip flops, sneakers or other comfy shoes of some sort. I have a ridiculous amount of those, along with assorted 'hobby' shoes like hiking boots, soccer & cycling shoes, etc. Since I am rarely in business meetings anymore, I don't have many that would be considered dressy at all. One pair of black brogues to wear with a suit, a couple of casual-ish brown loafers, and now these. They're the first wing tips I've had since the 90s when I used to wear a tie every day. Very much business casual but that's all I really have a need for these days.

Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    Time to dust this thread off. Great sale on these Cole Haan LunarGrands with the Nike soles. I've wanted some for a while but couldn't justify the price.

I like those grey ones. Was this sale at a local store or online somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by bu11itt View Post
    I like those grey ones. Was this sale at a local store or online somewhere?
    It was on the Cole Haan website: http://www.colehaan.com/lunargrand-l...grand&start=15

SIzes are sparse at this point. If you sign up for email offers they will also send you a 15% off coupon code.

Blog Entries
    Not exactly cheap, either.