Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What strap?

What strap?

So I got this Elektronika LED, that I put on a stainless mesh but while I think it looks a fairly good match. I don't love the way it feels. And after my 7th or 8th time trying various stainless bracelets, I think I have decided that stainless isn't for me. So I need suggestions on a strap. I was thinking grey canvas but I am open to suggestions. I was thinking grey because it matches most stuff and I bought this watch to wear in low light situations so I want a versatile strap.

Edit: it is a 20mm strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

2. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    I'm guessing an original is like rocking-horse poo ?!
    Name:  LED2.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  106.8 KB
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    I'm guessing an original is like rocking-horse poo ?!
    Name:  LED2.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  106.8 KB
    Mine didn't come with one. And I am betting your guess is right. While I like Russian watches their bracelets are not the reason I do.

5. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    It's too bad it's not comfortable because looks wise, I think that rocks! How about a grey perlon?

7. Likes JAGtime, rfortson liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    It's too bad it's not comfortable because looks wise, I think that rocks! How about a grey perlon?
    I was thinking light blue perlon, lovely contrast with the red

9. Likes JAGtime, wschofield3 liked this post
    I would send it to the Great Northwest and gift it to Sherry.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

11. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Grey of some kind would look great, as would basic black (in most lighting conditions, the red time screen on LED watches just looks black). I'd go with a plain, unpatterened strap, or one with simple stitching; straps with a pattern may clash with the grooving on the case. Just my $.02.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

13. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Well I have a 18mm light grey perlon and 18mm basic black strap so I will throw those on just to get an idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    I like the mesh too, but if it doesn't appeal to you then it's you choice.

But I just don't think a cloth or leather strap really captures the soul of that watch. It needs something......more techy. And practical - lets face it - the red numerals make for great in the dark legibility but you have to find the watch first because there's nothing glowing to help you find it on your nightstand or where ever.
    So, my recommendation:

The glowing strap- white synthetic material always "modern" appearing, luminous straps will help you find the watch ot your arm in the darkest night or movir theater, and when you hit the button the red/green light show should be mesmerizing!

17. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    WANT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Donf View Post
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

19. Likes hayday liked this post