Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does this Seiko look legit to you?

Does this Seiko look legit to you?

I'm watching this on eBay but am slightly put off by the fact that I can't find a similar watch anywhere online. The fat lumed indices look out of place on the dial to me.
    It's advertised as a Seiko 7000-8000 manual wind from the 1990s

just on gut feeling I would say bad refurb but did see this one

Last edited by is that my watch; Jan 18, 2015 at 11:42 AM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    I'm watching this on eBay but am slightly put off by the fact that I can't find a similar watch anywhere online. The fat lumed indices look out of place on the dial to me.
    It's advertised as a Seiko 7000-8000 manual wind from the 1990s

You can get a proper 7000 8000 from the early 70s for sod all so I wouldn't risk it. Here's what mine looks like

4. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    just on gut feeling I would say bad refurb but did see this one

Yes, that one is much more like it

6. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    You can get a proper 7000 8000 from the early 70s for sod all so I wouldn't risk it. Here's what mine looks like

Yeah, when I was googling for other examples a post of yours came up

8. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    I read somewhere recently that as the years went by Seiko downgraded the quality of these movements. I think I was reading about 6000 series not 7000, but it would make me careful.

at a guess was it coming out of India they do some great one's and some not so great one's but worth it if you find the good one's
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    at a guess was it coming out of India they do some great one's and some not so great one's but worth it if you find the good one's
    Nope, UK seller (although I think there are a number of those who buy in watches from India and then sell them on with a mark up)

Apparently the 7000 8000 was a intended as a low-medium end watch, sold mostly in East / southeast Asia. Sorry can't remember how reliable the source of info was for that.

13. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Nope, UK seller (although I think there are a number of those who buy in watches from India and then sell them on with a mark up)
    well yeah have seen some silly price one's so could be could be lol it's all in finding the decent seller ant it

some seller do it with the Russian vostok's all the time
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

15. Likes whatmeworry liked this post