Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Off on vacation today, will be on a Caribbean cruise and given the huge cost of on-ship internet I will have to read a book and talk to real people instead of you lot!
    Anyway, Merry Christmas to all my imaginary friends here and best wished for the New Year.

My travelling companion....
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

3. Likes MarkO liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Off on vacation today, will be on a Caribbean cruise and given the huge cost of on-ship internet I will have to read a book and talk to real people instead of you lot!
    Anyway, Merry Christmas to all my imaginary friends here and best wished for the New Year.

My travelling companion....
    kind of a 'busman's holiday ' for someone living in Turks and Caicos !!! have a great trip and Merry Xmas also

5. Likes MarkO liked this post
    Good British phrase 'busman's holiday ' designed to confuse everyone else.

Payback for the Americanism 'bottom of the 9th' thread which confused the Brits.

Fortunately, I speak both languages

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    kind of a 'busman's holiday ' for someone living in Turks and Caicos !!! have a great trip and Merry Xmas also
    Last edited by WWII70; Dec 19, 2014 at 12:47 PM. Reason: sp.
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

7. Likes Fire99, MarkO, shameless, Ryan liked this post
    Merry Christmas as well. Enjoy your trip with the family.
    Dave
    Ω Seamaster2

Omega Seamaster PO 45.5mm 2200.50-Cal 2500D
    Omega Seamaster SMP 2220.80-Cal 2500D

9. Likes MarkO liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    I cant do cold places and anything below 20C I am not prepared for. Wall to Wall kids clubs so I actually get to spend time with the lovely MrsO
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

11. Likes shameless, Der Amf liked this post
    I'm thoroughly confused now* .... do Brits call a cruise-ship a bus?

It's a wee bit early, but Merry Christmas to you and all who will be out of pocket on the big day.

* not really; poor attempt at some humor

13. Likes shameless, MarkO, Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MHe225 View Post
    I'm thoroughly confused now* .... do Brits call a cruise-ship a bus?

It's a wee bit early, but Merry Christmas to you and all who will be out of pocket on the big day.

* not really; poor attempt at some humor

not applicable to you -but for those who don't know !1
    busmans holiday
    A holiday in which you spend most of your time doing the same or something very similar to your normal work.

Comes from the late 1800's, where a man who drives a bus for a living goes on a long bus journey on their holiday.

A professional musician spends take time off and spends most of it practising music.

15. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    Merry Christmas yourself: enjoy your vacay.

Little Christmas related trivia for everyone on a Friday morning:

'Jingle Bells' is not a Christmas song, it's actually a bit of a drinking song related to horse racing, written in New England in the mid 1800 by a proper arse (J. Pierpont), truth be told. He'd have been on the naughty list for sure.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

17. Likes MarkO, Jeannie, geoffbot liked this post
    Have a great time Mark. Having been on a cruise in September, all I can say is watch what you eat!!

Merry Xmas
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1