Likes Likes:  13
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kickstarter with a Seiko Column Wheel Chronograph Movement

yeah I find the gamble after a fashion is with the kickstaters as some time you got your money tied up for month on some thing that might not happen ..as I get older my patience is not what it was ..just to much waiting for them I find it hard enough with bay auctions taking days
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yeah I find the gamble after a fashion is with the kickstaters as some time you got your money tied up for month on some thing that might not happen ..as I get older my patience is not what it was ..just to much waiting for them I find it hard enough with bay auctions taking days
    The waiting really does suck. The 2 I've backed had success with prior models and fan bases as well as support from places like Hodinkee and Monochrome so that gave me the confidence they will be backed and legit.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite_Kid19 View Post
    The waiting really does suck. The 2 I've backed had success with prior models and fan bases as well as support from places like Hodinkee and Monochrome so that gave me the confidence they will be backed and legit.

think their was a couple on their that friends have gone for in the past never found one to temp me enough but they can be good prices thou seen some now they are establish want twice as much for the same watch .. so swings and roundabouts but just as I say none have wet my appetite enough
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

think their was a couple on their that friends have gone for in the past never found one to temp me enough but they can be good prices thou seen some now they are establish want twice as much for the same watch .. so swings and roundabouts but just as I say none have wet my appetite enough
    Yeah I've weeded through a lot before backing. I wish there was more protection where you could get a refund if their are lengthy delays.

yeah never gone for one so not sure how they work but yeah if theirs a delay of more then x amount of months auto refund or something maybe .. but it's a good way for new talent to get a foot in the door I suppose still
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

yeah never gone for one so not sure how they work but yeah if theirs a delay of more then x amount of months auto refund or something maybe .. but it's a good way for new talent to get a foot in the door I suppose still
    Yeah it's a cool way for brands to launch, makes it seem like as a consumer you are closer to the creators and the process.

yeah and get an idea of what the persons like ..you know the old saying buy the person not the product
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

8. Likes Dynamite_Kid19 liked this post
    I'm active in many watch forums through Taptalk. And yes, I have funded to buy 2 watches because I've been looking for a blue dial watch which was posted on another forum and I really like the black or panda dial as my 2nd choice. I didn't just happen to find, I saw an article on Monochrome which publicizes promising looking projects. My 2 main reasons for publicizing are 1 I think they are pretty good looking for the price and 2 I am hoping that if enough people are interested and voice they want a reverse panda like I have that they would add that as an option.

It's the second Kickstarter I have participated in after getting a Marloe Choronoscope. I love value divers like Deep Blue, Squale and Steinhart. I hate aluminum bezels in watches.

Any other questions you need answered?

Happy to be proven wrong. Fit the same pattern seen many times on many different forums.

Welcome. Don't forget to check out some other parts of the forum..

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Happy to be proven wrong. Fit the same pattern seen many times on many different forums.

Welcome. Don't forget to check out some other parts of the forum..
    Appreciated. I'm trying to get around more, I find Tap Talk kind of clunky. I thought posting stuff about watches went to all areas, I recently realized now there are subsections.

11. Likes meijlinder liked this post
    Appreciated. I'm trying to get around more, I find Tap Talk kind of clunky. I thought posting stuff about watches went to all areas, I recently realized now there are subsections.

yeah central gets the most action viewers
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy