Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Christmas watch search. what would you buy for $600 or less?

My Christmas watch search. what would you buy for $600 or less?

Its that time of year...I feel the need to buy myself something. I'd prefer to spend more but I wont cause I'm cheap like that. So I'm looking for a fun/funky/chunky/vintagy diver in the 42-46 mm range and a non-black dial for under that price. I have my eye on a couple and am hoping in particular for a blue faced Sea Snake to come up for sale, but if not I'd love to hear what you guys are looking at.

So what are you getting yourselves for Christmas? Anyone else looking for the same thing I am? Anyone have opinions on Benarus and/or the sea snake?

Send me the money and I'll send you a watch of my choice

I'm sorry I can't recommend something cos of the tax thing , I tried converting to $ but then I've gotta take VAT into account for anything I'd recommend over here, so just send me the money and I'll sort you out
    Last edited by Seriously; Dec 2, 2014 at 04:55 PM. Reason: missed an r

3. Likes drickster liked this post
    Think 380 lbs or pence or whatever it is you people spend over there
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Send me the money and I'll send you a watch of my choice

I'm sory I can't recommend something cos of the tax thing , I tried converting to $ but then I've gotta take VAT into account for anything I'd recommend over here, so just send me the money and I'll sort you out

We spend beer tokens

Ha! i think that's what Wikipedia defines money as....

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    We spend beer tokens

I've got a Gerlach Otago coming in, well under your budget.Name:  Otago_b_03.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  66.2 KB

Dunno if Chip still has any of his divers left, but the Aevig Huldra is a nice looking piece that might suit your tastes:Name:  Orange_OB_Huldra.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  357.1 KB

Savagely Average
    I would look for a used Halios Tropik SS or a Magrette G14

Steinhart?
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

And with the change:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lately I've been liking the Glycine Combat 11's that keep popping up on the sales fora. If I could score a Zixen DSR-500 for that price I'd be all over it.