Likes Likes:  98
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Announcement

Special Announcement

Hey IWL!

I wanted to make you all aware of a special project I have been working on for the past month or so.

A fellow member of the #watchfam contacted me on IG with the request to create a special NATO strap to help support his injured brother. Of course I was more than happy to help. I cannot say it better than him so here is the excerpt from the product page on the website:

Hello #watchfam and fellow horologists! My name is Dodi Vasquez and this is the #mihermano strap project! This strap is dedicated to my brother or #mihermano!My brother was involved in a very tragic car accident. In just a split second my brother went from being a energetic, fun, genuine person who could make you laugh and keep you laughing to being in a coma. We were told two weeks after his accident that he wouldn't make it but here we are 8 months later and he's still fighting! So as long as he's fighting I'll be here fighting along side him. He's been at tirr for the past 4 months but he has recently been released home for my family and I to care for him. With this comes a struggle, taking care of a person in my brothers condition is a full time job and the price isn't cheap. There are many expenses that need to be paid that insurance just doesn't cover so here's where my friend Kody at Ague Trading Company helped me out! 100% of proceeds raised from these straps will go directly for the benefit of my brother!
    After your purchase please help us spread the word by using the hashtag #mihermano on social media and I will personally thank you! From the bottom of my heart as well as my family, thank you for your support!
    - Dodi Vasquez
    So if you'd like to help support Dodi and his family in the care of their son and brother, please consider making a purchase: here

Thanks!
    Kody
    Kody

2. Likes is that my watch, popoki nui, Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries

I will most certainly be contributing.

4. Likes theague liked this post
    Thanks Raza, I can vouch for Dodi that he and his family truly appreciate the help!
    Kody

That's a very sad story and a great cause. Strap ordered

well when ordering our nato will pick one up too
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

8. Likes theague, popoki nui liked this post
    Kody, I think it's very cool that you're willing to help like this. I'll pick one up next time I order some straps.

10. Likes theague liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    Same here.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

12. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Nice work, Kody!

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    Me as well. Very generous of you, Kody. I'm sure Dodi and family appreciate it.

I'll post this over on Facebook as well.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

15. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Ordered. I would have done it last night, but I was in bed, but I have a rule against buying things when I'm not wearing any pants.