Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling Teeritz - a proper spy watch for you!

Calling Teeritz - a proper spy watch for you!

2. Likes muddy250, gnuyork liked this post

Calling Teeritz - a proper spy watch for you!

That is really cool! I saw the description say it was a nonfunctional (no movement and glued on hands). Do those things generally have no movement at all? I would think a time- telling watch would be important in that line of work.
    Last edited by FuzzyB; Feb 12, 2015 at 11:23 PM.

Name:  spy1.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  77.4 KBName:  spy3.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  64.2 KBName:  spy2.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  68.5 KB

5. Likes Matt, Spooky liked this post
    Wow thats interesting! shame it doesnt work.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Blog Entries
    Can you imagine being in the room wearing that? And then the air conditioner breaks down?
    "Take off your jacket, Comrade. Roll up your sleeves. It's extremely hot in here, is it not?"

Thanks for the link, Matt. I'm still deciding if I want/need a Minox B.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

And...I though the watch has USB...must be the age thing.....

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    That is really cool! I saw the description say it was a nonfunctional (no movement and glued on hands). Do those things generally have no movement at all? I would think a time- telling watch would be important in that line of work.

I think the point is that all the space is taken up with a bloody great microphone. We are talking cold war after all, no micro anything,

10. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeritz View Post
    Can you imagine being in the room wearing that? And then the air conditioner breaks down?
    "Take off your jacket, Comrade. Roll up your sleeves. It's extremely hot in here, is it not?"

Thanks for the link, Matt. I'm still deciding if I want/need a Minox B.
    I guess that depends on the price...

Blog Entries
    They can be had on eBay for around $100AUD, but the film for them is tricky to find, costs about $25 for 20 exposures and then you have to find someplace that will develop it. I shudder to think what they'd charge. Hardly worth it, really.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think the point is that all the space is taken up with a bloody great microphone. We are talking cold war after all, no micro anything,
    But that is also the time when there was a push to make thinner and thinner movements. A thin, time only movement in a thick chronograph case would have provide functionality and avoided some slightly less awkward situations if someone noticed the hands not moving, never mind the cord sticking out the side. Since this was pre-quartz, the excuse of a battery dying was not available and a non-functioning watch would have been a dead giveaway. What if someone asked the wearer for the time?

14. Likes Nokie, Matt liked this post