Likes Likes:  77
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Arrival! Here comes the next Grand Seiko!!!

New Arrival! Here comes the next Grand Seiko!!!

Here it is...I been wanting this for quite some time after owing the Shogun and enjoying the titanium comfy goodness I always thought "I need to take this Seiko Diver titanium love to the next level" So I did lol. Without further ado, let me introduce my latest acquisition...the SBGA031 GS SD Titanium Diver yaaaaaay

For my unboxing, as usual got my favorite brew with my trusty Swiss Army Knife....

Name:  IMG_1203.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  64.2 KBName:  IMG_1204.jpg
Size:  77.7 KBName:  IMG_1205.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  78.1 KBName:  IMG_1207.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  65.7 KB

The bezel action is the best I ever felt and used. The fit and finish...well its a Grand Seiko no disappointment with Half A@#ed finishing and details. I think you guys know the rest....I'll let the pics do the talking. The titanium is light but still has a significant heft.

Name:  IMG_1208.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  69.8 KBName:  IMG_1209.jpg
Size:  67.8 KBName:  IMG_1211.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  81.3 KBName:  IMG_1212.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  84.7 KBName:  IMG_1213.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  76.8 KBName:  IMG_1214.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  57.2 KB

Only handling the watch for the last half hour have to say these are easily my favorite 3 in the collection now. Grand Seiko sandwich with a slice of Swiss

For Domo :My Grand Seiko Duo with no other brand invasion LOL Wheew that crown got a little too close for comfort lol

I have nothing else to say except ALL expectations were met as I was confident they would be by purchasing another Grand Seiko. I'm so happy to have this addition to my collection and look forward to the experience of finally owning a Spring Drive movement. The Cathedral hands are fantastic, I know its a personal opinion but I'l quite fond of them. They look waaaay better in person. Thanks for reading, good day ladies and gents! Sorry for the short review, I will do another proper one once I get to "know" this watch a little more. Right now my excitement is too much just wanted to do a short introduction!

looks great, too big for my skinny wrists though!! Dammit.

Spring Drive - you will be amazed by the accuracy, and of course the super smooth sweep of the seconds hand

3. Likes -JP, Chase liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post
    Here it is...I been wanting this for quite some time after owing the Shogun and enjoying the titanium comfy goodness I always thought "I need to take this Seiko Diver titanium love to the next level" So I did lol. Without further ado, let me introduce my latest acquisition...the SBGA031 GS SD Titanium Diver yaaaaaay

For my unboxing, as usual got my favorite brew with my trusty Swiss Army Knife....

Name:  IMG_1203.jpg
Size:  64.2 KBName:  IMG_1204.jpg
Size:  77.7 KBName:  IMG_1205.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  78.1 KBName:  IMG_1207.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  65.7 KB

The bezel action is the best I ever felt and used. The fit and finish...well its a Grand Seiko no disappointment with Half A@#ed finishing and details. I think you guys know the rest....I'll let the pics do the talking. The titanium is light but still has a significant heft.

Name:  IMG_1208.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  69.8 KBName:  IMG_1209.jpg
Size:  67.8 KBName:  IMG_1211.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  81.3 KBName:  IMG_1212.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  84.7 KBName:  IMG_1213.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  76.8 KBName:  IMG_1214.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  57.2 KB

Only handling the watch for the last half hour have to say these are easily my favorite 3 in the collection now. Grand Seiko sandwich with a slice of Swiss

For Domo :My Grand Seiko Duo with no other brand invasion LOL Wheew that crown got a little too close for comfort lol

I have nothing else to say except ALL expectations were met as I was confident they would be by purchasing another Grand Seiko. I'm so happy to have this addition to my collection and look forward to the experience of finally owning a Spring Drive movement. The Cathedral hands are fantastic, I know its a personal opinion but I'l quite fond of them. They look waaaay better in person. Thanks for reading, good day ladies and gents! Sorry for the short review, I will do another proper one once I get to "know" this watch a little more. Right now my excitement is too much just wanted to do a short introduction!
    Awesome! Looks like it would be too big for me, but looks perfect on you. Excellent trio, hard to fault those choices. Welcome to the Spring Drive club--mesmerized by the seconds sweep yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes -JP liked this post
    Seiko does some amazing work with titanium. It's hard to believe that isn't steel.

Congrats!

7. Likes -JP liked this post
    AWE Awesome..Congrats.

Seiko's fit & finish is 2nd to none IMO.It looks great otw.The sweep is mesmerizing to watch & nothing short of pure
    Last edited by watchdaddy1; May 2, 2015 at 05:15 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

9. Likes -JP liked this post
    Phenomenal

We need a video though, to get the full Spring Drive experience

11. Likes -JP liked this post
    I'd tell you the usual, "Man that's a nice watch!" or "Great buy!" or "Love the Grand Seiko!" or "Super!" or "That watch is FOINE!" or "I'm so jelly." or "Maybe the dingo ate your baby." or... wait.... what was that last one...

Anyway, you know all the above is true so I'm just gonna say, "i = square root of -1"

Congrats and enjoy it.

13. Likes -JP liked this post
    Very nice - we don't get to see the GS divers much - it's a shame because they certainly are beautiful

15. Likes -JP liked this post
    Congrats! You were ruthless in dropping that Damasko but I have a feeling this will have more staying power!
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

17. Likes -JP liked this post
    Another killer piece and you are killing me with your choices! Superb ones at that IMHO!

Too bad about your not bonding with the Damasko. I thought that had "keeper" written all over it.

19. Likes -JP liked this post