Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AVI-8 watches

Hybrid View

sounds like an idea not bad at all I would lean towards the black dial myself and it's a fair price as well so all good
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

So I got the watch in today.

Some quick likes and dislikes

The case seems fairly well made and it is a nice size and weight.
    The dial has neat details like the raised sections 1 and 5 and 7 and 11 and a date window that isn't just and after thought. Also applied indices.
    I love the caseback
    The RAF roundel on the crown is a neat touch.
    The box is one of the nicest I have seen for a watch around this price range

Dislikes
    The strap is a solid meh. I will be replacing it.
    The chrono pusher to start it feels good to start the chrono but doesn't have a very good feel when you stop it IMO.
    The crown is not the easiest to use.
    The seconds hand is slightly misaligned.
    The lume is like a Vostok ie fairly weak.
    The chronograph is a seconds (central) and minutes only (left sundial). The other is a 24 hour sundial.

Final verdict. I think it will be a fairly decent grab and go and one I will use more then my current grab and go quartz watches (a Fossil and an old Russian digital) but I will need to replace the strap and I am glad I got it second hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

3. Likes is that my watch, Chicolabronse liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    So I got the watch in today.

The seconds hand is slightly misaligned.
    can you not correct the second hand? is it the stopwatch large centre hand? on some you can pull the crown then push the stop/start button to line the hand up?

Even with your minor dislikes it's still a nice looking watch, hopefully you got a bargain! enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Chicolabronse View Post
    Even with your minor dislikes it's still a nice looking watch, hopefully you got a bargain! enjoy
    I think I got a pretty good deal. I have been wearing it today. The strap is driving me crazy and it needs changing ASAP. But I like it and I may get a Flyboy automatic at some point if one comes up at a good price.

7. Likes is that my watch, Chicolabronse liked this post
    I would lol wear and enjoy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Shot of crown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

10. Likes Chicolabronse liked this post