Likes Likes:  37
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Totally IN-LOVE With This..........

Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    Walter, I'm pretty sure this is a new model that has either just come out, or is just about to come out. I agree that it's a lot of moolah for a watch with a 2824-2, but then how many 2824-2 get rebuilt to have 57 jewels and are so unique?
    I'm not sure there is much of anything really 2824-2 left in this one after he is done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    I'm not sure there is much of anything really 2824-2 left in this one after he is done with it.
    No, there most certainly is not. They could have started with their own fresh base with as much modification as they put into this movement.
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna

While I think its pretty cool and different, I'm a kind of retro design kind of guy, give me anything that screams of a bygone era the still stands up in the modern world is what I love. Something as radically new in design as this does not scream to me as a must have. Having said that, I couldn't afford it either.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

4. Likes Chase, RBrylawski liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Oh you can have one, buy her some warm soup and a drink, take her to a movie...treat her like a lady, who knows
    I think that's a movie called Pretty Woman.

6. Likes RBrylawski liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Ah well, we imagine the objects of our desire as much as know them...
    Are we still talking about hookers?

8. Likes Chase, RBrylawski liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    While I think its pretty cool and different, I'm a kind of retro design kind of guy, give me anything that screams of a bygone era the still stands up in the modern world is what I love. Something as radically new in design as this does not scream to me as a must have. Having said that, I couldn't afford it either.
    Very well said. Not that I can afford the watch, but I would be hesitant to drop a lot of coin on something that is so radically different. That said I do think it's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Very well said. Not that I can afford the watch, but I would be hesitant to drop a lot of coin on something that is so radically different. That said I do think it's pretty cool.
    Even if I was in the market for something that exoensive I'd sure want to hve it on my wrist at least a few times to be darn sure that's the one I wanted before dropping that kind of coin. If this were 3-4k then I'd be more more apt to taking a chance on something 'new'. The work and innovation aside that's sort of the price point my head puts this one at anyways. I just don't see anything that justifies the cost of a decent Honda for it.

11. Likes RBrylawski liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    Walter, I'm pretty sure this is a new model that has either just come out, or is just about to come out. I agree that it's a lot of moolah for a watch with a 2824-2, but then how many 2824-2 get rebuilt to have 57 jewels and are so unique?
    I'm pretty sure they introduced it at Baselworld in 2013, although I don't know when it became available in stores.

13. Likes RBrylawski liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I'm pretty sure they introduced it at Baselworld in 2013, although I don't know when it became available in stores.
    I think that's right - and it would have been shortly after Baselworld that I saw it in London. It looks identical.

It's one of the coolest watches out there. I had the pleasure of playing with it at Basel and it's even better IRL. Great stuff.

16. Likes RBrylawski liked this post