Likes Likes:  9
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I never really wanted a Christopher Ward watch before, now I do - new Tridents

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by stewham View Post
    The Oris Aquis comes in both a 40mm and a 43mm, 40mm doesn't sound like mid sized but it does feel smaller than that. The Longines Hydroconquest (another C60 competitor) also comes in two sizes.
    I didn't realise that about the Oris. As for the Longines, I think I actually prefer the looks of the CW

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    The big plus they have for me over Oris is the fact they do a midsize model
    So do Oris, Oris have 34mm, 40mm and 43mm

I was quite impressed by a Trident when I held one, as a beautiful little object....but not as impressed as I was by an Oris diver. I've no idea how I would go about justifying that comparison's conclusions

That's the best Trident from CW I've seen!
    But at that price? Nein, danke. Cheeky monkeys!

i did not know that there is also a London in Swiss? CW London >>Swiss made

Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    i did not know that there is also a London in Swiss? CW London >>Swiss made
    They're not even in London, but Maidenhead. "London" in this context has as much meaning as, say, "Intramatic", a vague allusion. (The weird thing is: in what way do CW's design anything about English Watchmaking or traditional English design? How does it tie in, this emphasis on place?)

I believe this is they Oris I saw in the flesh. One of those watches when taking a closer look doesn't reveal the boundaries of its quality, but another level of it

On March 1st you'll get a chance to see it for yourself

8. Likes man of kent, scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I believe this is they Oris I saw in the flesh. One of those watches when taking a closer look doesn't reveal the boundaries of its quality, but another level of it

That is nice. Oris do a great job of having a look of their own.

10. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post

I'll have to polish it up specially when I bring it. It's the Diver Date model, and has been discontinued. It's replacement, the Aquis doesn't do it for me, perhaps due to the crown guards or something. I'll probably still end up getting one as I love this brand.

Grand Master Seiko Fanboy mike120's Avatar
    The good news is that they look more expensive to go along with the ASTRONOMICAL price tag..... I remember when I was a click away from ordering one of the Malverns because they were an exceptional value. It looks like those days are long past.
    Cheers,
    Mike