Seiko is the brand that captured my interest in mechanical watches. I always wore Seikos for many years and always was amazed by the value in their watches. Later in life when I became more financially sound, I started collecting my other favorite brand, Rolex. I further added many other Swiss brands to the collection over the years but my heart was always with Seiko. I love their history, innovations and value in what they offer. I have been interested in Grand Seikos for years but only a little over a year ago Grand Seikos were not available to look at in my area. When spending a certain amount of money on a watch, I always want to see it in person first. So I waited. Finally two dealers offered GS. The day I found out, I went to "just check them out" as I told the wife. Well, I came home with the SBGH001 High Beat that day. The finish and detail of this watch was beyond anything I ever seen in this price range. It was one of the few purchases I ever made in this price range as well that I felt like it was worth every penny. There will certainly be another one in the future but this is my one and only for now. Hope other owners will join in so hear your Grand Seiko story as well.
Here's some of my favorite pics I taken.