Congrats that has to be the coolest Bremont I seen love the detail

Really nice watch, Dan. Enjoy it!

Jane

Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post
    Congrats that has to be the coolest Bremont I seen love the detail
    I agree! That's a great looking watch!

4. Likes chicago liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    Great price for that 1 too, I believe I was looking @ it on watchrecon the other day.
    CONGRATULATIONS
    Yeah that's the one
    Dan :: Ball/ Benarus/ Boschett/ Damasko/ Doxa/ IWC/ Longines/ Omega/ Precista/ Rolex/ Seiko/ Sinn/ Tudor/ Tutima.

So a few observations so far:

It's wears really thick and high. Maybe not on paper but the lugs sit high on the case and off the wrist for me and so does the watch. it's not a bad thing, but worth noting because its thicker than i expected it to be

The stock bremont sailcloth-style strap is amazing - probably my best strap and i have a lot of straps. It's very comfortable, very well made, seems like it will last for a long time.

And speaking of the strap, the way you change straps is really interesting - no spring bars here... instead there is a center curved bar that is wedged between two screw tips. It does not screw in itself but stays in the strap. This makes changing the strap very easy to do. I can post pics of it if anyone wants to see

The screw-down pushers for the chrono are a really interesting and nice touch, my first watch with this feature

The bezel is really nice with solid clicks and goes both ways which is a nice contrast from my diver-heavy collection that is mostly unidirectional

That's all for now

Dan
    Dan :: Ball/ Benarus/ Boschett/ Damasko/ Doxa/ IWC/ Longines/ Omega/ Precista/ Rolex/ Seiko/ Sinn/ Tudor/ Tutima.

7. Likes JAGtime, MarkO liked this post
    Looks really nice- congrats
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

9. Likes chicago liked this post
    lost in translation birdynamnam's Avatar
    Really nice looking watch Dan
    This configuration with 2 sub dials is perfect
    Congrats
    "chirp, chirp"

11. Likes chicago liked this post
    Very nice. stealthy lookin!

13. Likes chicago liked this post
    Hello

Sent from my blackberry (just kidding!)

15. Likes JAGtime, MarkO liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago View Post
    And speaking of the strap, the way you change straps is really interesting - no spring bars here... instead there is a center curved bar that is wedged between two screw tips. It does not screw in itself but stays in the strap. This makes changing the strap very easy to do. I can post pics of it if anyone wants to see
    Please do! I'm curious about the setup.

I had a Bremont U2 once upon a time and although I loved the watch, I wasn't crazy about the curved spring bars they used. The positioning of the lug holes and the curvature made using non-curved straps a bit difficult.