Likes Likes:  42
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bugger - stuck in Poland

Blog Entries
    It’s all starting to feel scarily apocalyptic to me. We’ve got a presumptive case out of my local hospital. We have people on one side saying it’s nothing and people on the other saying the sky is falling. I suffer from anxiety anyway and was also already undergoing testing for health issues (which may now have to be put on hold, probably epigastric hernia so I won’t die but I’m fairly miserable with it) plus I work at a brokerage firm so work is nuts. This whole situation is tailor made to make me crazy.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    It’s all starting to feel scarily apocalyptic to me. We’ve got a presumptive case out of my local hospital. We have people on one side saying it’s nothing and people on the other saying the sky is falling. I suffer from anxiety anyway and was also already undergoing testing for health issues (which may now have to be put on hold, probably epigastric hernia so I won’t die but I’m fairly miserable with it) plus I work at a brokerage firm so work is nuts. This whole situation is tailor made to make me crazy.

Jeannie
    Hang in there, Jeannie. The truth, as is often the case, is somewhere in the middle. The more drastic steps to help social distancing will help, people will just have to hunker down for a while. Yes, people who are already facing serious health issues will die, but the vast majority of people who get it won’t require anything more than what they would do for the flu.

The media, in the never ending search for ratings, are exacerbating the natural tendency of people to panic, and unfortunately our government hasn’t been helping with its mixed and confusing messaging. However it does seem like they are finally starting to get their act together. It’s going to be an uncomfortable and inconvenient month or two, but we’ll get through it.

3. Likes OhDark30 liked this post

Jeannie
    well like most theirs stages bit like ...

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries

Jeannie
    I would go with surreal? Employer has forbidden us to use air travel, yet says meeting clients locally is OK. As I am 61, I would prefer just to hunker down for a couple of weeks. But I will see my clients, IF they will see me (sent out emails to the tune of Hey Bob, we said we were going to meet. You still good with that?) And FWIW, most the people I meet are my age. But I am staying away from meeting clients who have hospitals or clinics. That's just plain asking for trouble.

Dan

I think the media made this virus scarier than what it is

Hopefully things will get better soon

And for the 60+ here,what do you think when you hear people calling this virus as boomer doomer?

Quote Originally Posted by synequano View Post
    I think the media made this virus scarier than what it is

Hopefully things will get better soon

And for the 60+ here,what do you think when you hear people calling this virus as boomer doomer?
    I mean, ba will probably go bust soon if they don't get a few bil bailout. And we're on the brink of a recession.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Back home, in our sleepy little village in England.

What luck, what extraordinary luck. We scooted across Europe with a sense of doors banging closed behind us. The last seats, on the last flight - at a few hours notice. There must be hundreds, maybe thousands, stranded. They won’t know if they’ll be home in weeks or months, and where they’ll stay, and how they’ll pay for it. And that’s just the start of their worries. They might only have woken up to the news today, they might still not know.

We were privileged, compared with others. We were alert to Polish news and the ‘forceful’ nature of the government, we had friends who had friends, and we didn’t have to think twice about the cost of the tickets.

As a bonus, our first plane was a Dash 8. Always wanted to fly on one of those.

Less delightful, finding a bus to take us from Heathrow to the airport where my car was parked. My God, Heathrow is horrible. I hadn’t used it in years and don’t know how non-Brits cope with it. Quite a day on zero sleep.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO_FiLt0q_U

Good to hear mate.

Stay safe. Would help if media stopped 'maybe' , 'could be' , scare of the unkown make up stories