Likes Likes:  36
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What Are Your Plans for 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by T1ck View Post
    I have a plan to get a watch fixed. That is my overriding priority, and everything is secondary to that.

I need to get the 6m26-8030 fixed, on pain of death.
    This happened, thanks to Ryte Time

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I'm going to start with something vintage and quality. Something from the late 50s, like a Longines, or some long-forgotten Swiss brand, manual, date-free, possibly 9ct gold case, which apparently is more common in the UK.

If I've got $$$ left after that, I'm going to dip my toe into getting something in a Daily Wearer style eg a Certina DS-1, or a SARB033. This will require buying a date window, so this might end in tears.

And once I've finished frittering my money I'll go in search of another cute little soviet dress watch, preferably something like really cute numerals.

And at the start of the autumn I'll dig up this post, and laugh at how wide of the mark this prediction was
    Not actually that far off. By the end of January I had bought a higher-quality vintage Seiko (the Skyliner from 1968) my desire for something more robust transmuted into a Casio Edifice, and I bought a Luch de luxe with cool numerals.
    Which I had sold by the end of the year