Likes Likes:  354

View Poll Results: Who is our winner?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: July 2015 Photo Competition

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    How long did it take you to get that shot? It looks like the tide came in by the time you snapped it.

There's nothing important to read here.

How long did it take you to get that shot? It looks like the tide came in by the time you snapped it.
    I likes to take my time
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

3. Likes Der Amf, FuzzyB liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    I'm going to set up the voting in the next few hours, so last call for entries!

5. Likes is that my watch, deCompression liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by muddy250 View Post
    I likes to take my time
    Your patience certainly pays off in the quality of your photos!

It reminds me of the time I was taking pictures of starfish in a tidal pool on Pacific coast in Washington state. To get the shot, I had to get into a crevice about 3-4 feet deep. As I was taking the shot a huge wave came in and filled up the crevice. It wouldn't have been so bad except the temperature was around freezing, I was wearing a down parka, and I was soaked to the bone.

Your patience certainly pays off in the quality of your photos!

It reminds me of the time I was taking pictures of starfish in a tidal pool on Pacific coast in Washington state. To get the shot, I had to get into a crevice about 3-4 feet deep. As I was taking the shot a huge wave came in and filled up the crevice. It wouldn't have been so bad except the temperature was around freezing, I was wearing a down parka, and I was soaked to the bone.

Too kind! :-)
    Hmm, a soaked down parka is never a good thing to be stuck wearing eh? I hope the shot was worth it! :-)
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

Quote Originally Posted by muddy250 View Post
    Too kind! :-)
    Hmm, a soaked down parka is never a good thing to be stuck wearing eh? I hope the shot was worth it! :-)
    It was rather unpleasant! And if I recall, the shot didn't even come out. It was a film camera and I don't know where my prints or negatives are stored anymore.

9. Likes muddy250 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    For me there is never a time for Bud. Never. I will drink water instead. If it's 110F in summer in Texas and one must drink factory style beer it oughta be Shiner Bock.
    Props to Henry for the Shiner Bock reference! I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I do enjoy Shiner.

We are ready for voting - see post #1 for all the excellent entries side by side. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    We are ready for voting - see post #1 for all the excellent entries side by side. Good luck!
    "Final Rest"!?!?! Huh? It's just something like "Every day's a holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    "Final Rest"!?!?! Huh? It's just something like "Every day's a holiday"
    Sorry, it's been changed. I thought you'd said later it was meant to be like a toe tag in a morgue. The holiday you never come back from sort of thing? Maybe that was someone else's comment.