Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (another) FedEx rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Did you order it direct from Isofrane?
    Yes, direct through Isofrane's website. Different "fee" each time.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

I was surprised when I learned from Camille Fournet that they ship to their boutique or office in each destination country before shipping from there to the customer. Now I know why. They'll be using established import channels with their established shipper for their whole produce line. There was no silliness on this end. It wasn't cheap, but there were no surprises, either.

Rick "regular airmail usually avoids these problems" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

I wish these vendors would give customers a choice of shipping methods, rather than just forcing us to use the one they choose. That will be the last time I buy from Isofrane because of this hassle. Too bad.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Shaken, not stirred.
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    WTH do these clowns do....throw darts at a board to determine how much they're going to fleece a customer? GEEZ! /rant.~Sherry.
    I have it on good authority that they spin the wheel,...which has only two options; Fleece Ridiculously and Fleece Obscenely.
    You can always earn more money but you can't earn more time.

5. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by marlowe55 View Post
    I have it on good authority that they spin the wheel,...which has only two options; Fleece Ridiculously and Fleece Obscenely.
    Yep, and I've had them both!

7. Likes marlowe55 liked this post
    Yes, direct through Isofrane's website. Different "fee" each time.
    I hate that. I think part of the problem, or perhaps all of it, is fedex, ups et al are part of this customs program where they have their own people do customs job for them. So you end up with Joe Blow from the delivery company deciding what duty etc you are paying instead of a customs agent. And we all know how great these people are at their jobs. And then you have to consider that Frank Blow may apply the rules differently than Joe. God forbid one of them have a bad day and take it out on poor unsuspecting recipients!

As an alternative if you ever want to order another ISO could could get it from Ben at Aquadive. Same price, comes from same place, but you could ask him to send it just regular mail. He's an easy guy to deal with like that. He won't change the stated value in the forms though

9. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    I wish these vendors would give customers a choice of shipping methods, rather than just forcing us to use the one they choose. That will be the last time I buy from Isofrane because of this hassle. Too bad.
    FedEx is affordable for international shippers because they forward much of the cost to the recipients. The shippers don't realize they're doing it, I suppose.

If I know a shipper is going to use FedEx, I request an alternate or cancel the sale. I try not to be shaken down and robbed by FedEx when possible. And it is robbery.

11. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by marlowe55 View Post
    I get the third option quite often which is ....can't be bothered to do the paperwork so take your parcel.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

FedEx parcel just arrived , a gift from a supplier .
    No tax but who sends cookies by FedEx ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

I feel your pain, Sherry. I've had worst than that with an Isofrane DLC buckle. $49 for the buckle and shipping, and $45!!!! for fees and taxes! I was fuming! I find it so stupid to use Fedex to ship a buckle. Put the damn thing in an envelope and mail it, I can wait two or three weeks. It would have cost less than $5!!!
    ~Daniel~

15. Likes popoki nui liked this post