Likes Likes:  726
Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast

Thread: Any Pen People here?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    That's the understatement of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, surprisingly, they came through! I love it. I’ve gotten a few notebooks and portfolios over the years and this is immediately my favorite. The closure system, the tactile feel, the color, the self-adjusting pen loop, and the ability to keep my iPad Mini in it (with the cover) if I want to; this is definitely the one I’m carrying with me on a daily basis.

I’ll grab some pics later, but in short, I’m very happy.

@geoffbot Got a look at the Active key fob, but not really in depth. I can say that my immediate impression is fairly positive, though of course I would choose the leather version every time. However, as that’s not an option for you, I think you’ll likely be served well by it. I’ll get some pictures of it too.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

2. Likes Kronos, geoffbot, Mediocre liked this post
    Thanks mate
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

4. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Two inexpensive pens incoming:

6. Likes Mediocre, rodia77, Spooky liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    Two inexpensive pens incoming:

What color inks are planned? I am hoping you have ink plays with such interesting pens!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    What color inks are planned? I am hoping you have ink plays with such interesting pens!
    Anderillium Blue Ringed Octopus for the TWSBI. Still thinking about the Nahvalur.

9. Likes Mediocre, Spooky liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I have really enjoyed the Scepter series pens from Fine Writing International -- I have the Zeus and Poseidon models. Ordered the Nebula version a few days ago. It was on sale.

11. Likes Mediocre, rodia77 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Late as ever, I apologize. The leather is a tad bit orange in the photo, it’s meant to look like terracotta, but in person it’s not as bright to the eye. It looks more like a caramel, a light brown with orange undertones. It will accommodate an iPad Mini no problem, but if you have the Smart Cover on it like I do, it really doesn’t love the extra thickness. You’ll be able to see in the photos how it doesn’t really sit flat when you have that in there, but that may change as the leather wears in over time. That would have been nice, just a little extra give in that hidden pocket to take the case, it’s only an extra few millimeters. I’m surprised the pocket is that tight, to be honest. But overall, couldn’t really be happier. You can also see the self-adjusting pen loop in the photos, in there is a Baronfig Squire at the moment. Big thing for me is that it’s able to easily be folded over, not something all portfolios/notebook covers are able to do. Makes it much easier to use when you don’t have a flat surface to write on.

Last edited by Raza; May 26, 2024 at 07:25 PM.

13. Likes rodia77, Mediocre, Spooky liked this post
    Blog Entries
    @geoffbot

So, here’s the “Active” key fob compared to my leather one. The synthetic material is fine to the touch, it feels like a sturdier version of that sort of charity bracelet material they used to make the Livestrong bracelets out of, except it doesn’t really stretch. It flexes, but holds its shape well and I’d feel just as secure using it versus the leather. One thing you’ll notice right off is that the ring used to attach it to your car keys (if you so choose) is much thinner on the Active than on the leather model. I couldn’t tell you why and while I doubt durability would be an issue, I can see why someone would think the smaller ring more likely to fail than the thicker one. Like any other Orbitkey, you can buy an extended length post if you need to carry more than 7 keys. You can also see the key tracker in there, that’s probably worth 2-3 keys in thickness.

501st trooper for scale, obvi.

15. Likes Mediocre, geoffbot liked this post
    Savagely Average
    I absolutely love the fact that you used a trooper Lego for scale!

17. Likes Raza liked this post
    Thanks for the review mate!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

19. Likes Mediocre liked this post