Likes Likes:  4,471
Page 519 of 524 FirstFirst ... 19419469509517518519520521 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,190 of 5233

Thread: The Chat Thread #3

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    Never heard of the thumb idea, will try it.

It has happened with ice cold water, though not as intense

I try to be aware, so it does not happen as often as when I was younger. The slush caught me off guard because it was a single slurp lol
    I've had similar things happen, but it seems tied to hot weather. Drinking ice-cold water or crushing and swallowing the ice here in the sun on a hot day, I feel chest pressure or a bit of pain in my lungs. I go check all my vitals, and thankfully, everything is good, and it goes away in a minute or two.

I also get brain freezes which I assume is what a migraine must feel like. I've started mostly drinking room temp water.
    Last edited by Samanator; May 23, 2024 at 06:47 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

2. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I've had similar things happen, but it seems tied to hot weather. Drinking ice-cold water or crushing and swallowing the ice here in the sun on a hot day, I feel chest pressure or a bit of pain in my lungs. I go check all my vitals, and thankfully, everything is good, and it goes away in a minute or two.

I also get brain freezes which I assume is what a migraine must feel like. I've started mostly drinking room temp water.
    Same here, I now typically drink room temp water

I faced stress induced migraines for about 10 years. While painful and extended, brain freeze is more painful, thankful it is so short lived

Blog Entries
    It’s an interesting comparison. Both are headaches that science can’t really fully explain the mechanics of. Brain freeze isn’t that much like a migraine, to be honest, at least not in my experience. But everyone is different and everyone gets affected by them differently. My migraines tend to come on slowly and can become very intense, generally only on one side of the head, but you can usually feel it all the way through that half of your brain. Brain freeze comes on sharply, and for me, usually hurts at the front of the head, but only for a few minutes. It can be agonizing, but it’s never hit the level of migraine pain for me. I mean, I’ve had migraines so intense that I thought I’d never feel a moment of joy or happiness again in my life, because that pain would last forever and permeate my every action with its venomous hemispherical sting. I’m not exaggerating, I’ve had migraines (and hypnic headaches, which are different, but feel quite similar at times) so bad that I’ve almost given up on life. Brain freeze never did that to me!
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    It’s an interesting comparison. Both are headaches that science can’t really fully explain the mechanics of. Brain freeze isn’t that much like a migraine, to be honest, at least not in my experience. But everyone is different and everyone gets affected by them differently. My migraines tend to come on slowly and can become very intense, generally only on one side of the head, but you can usually feel it all the way through that half of your brain. Brain freeze comes on sharply, and for me, usually hurts at the front of the head, but only for a few minutes. It can be agonizing, but it’s never hit the level of migraine pain for me. I mean, I’ve had migraines so intense that I thought I’d never feel a moment of joy or happiness again in my life, because that pain would last forever and permeate my every action with its venomous hemispherical sting. I’m not exaggerating, I’ve had migraines (and hypnic headaches, which are different, but feel quite similar at times) so bad that I’ve almost given up on life. Brain freeze never did that to me!
    Understood, my migraines have put me down for the count and lasted for hours. The momentary intensity of the event that caused this discussion, for me, was beyond any migraine I have had. I am sure experiences differ though. My goal with a migraine is usually hope some of the medication puts me to sleep LOL

Savagely Average
    Separate topic, I just checked the temp here. Just shy of 100F, heat index 110F. It is too early for such Temps. It makes going outside nearly impossible

Savagely Average
    Just an FYI, I will be less present here for the next 90 days at least.

Working out notice at current employer, preparing to relo the family over 1000 miles. New opportunity is with a new company, in a new to me industry. Going to be busy.

These situations felt more exciting 10 years ago. Looking forward to the new opportunity, but I now have an idea how hectic life is about to be

Working out notice at current employer, preparing to relo the family over 1000 miles. New opportunity is with a new company, in a new to me industry. Going to be busy.

These situations felt more exciting 10 years ago. Looking forward to the new opportunity, but I now have an idea how hectic life is about to be
    Good luck! Having gone through that a number of times, it is very stressful but hopefully rewarding in the end. My one piece of advice is to remember that it’s even more stressful for your partner, since unlike you, they don’t have the motivation and excitement of that new position. And, if they’re not also starting a new job, they will bear more of the logistical brunt of the move.

Good luck with all that.

10. Likes Mediocre, geoffbot liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Good luck! Having gone through that a number of times, it is very stressful but hopefully rewarding in the end. My one piece of advice is to remember that it’s even more stressful for your partner, since unlike you, they don’t have the motivation and excitement of that new position. And, if they’re not also starting a new job, they will bear more of the logistical brunt of the move.
    Thank you, great advice sir

12. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Blog Entries

Be well and good luck. Just don’t forget about us in the following 3 months, eh?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

14. Likes Mediocre liked this post