Likes Likes:  233
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: SHARE your G with your fav pocket knives (PICTORIAL)

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    Woah!! that's pretty fast Greg!! haha now you own 2 fabulous delicas!

did you have better price than the amazon pricing?
    Thanks Iyonk, it's all your fault haha.

I really like the VG-10 blade and the feel of the handle and fit in my hand. Ive used the black for a few days at work, it sharpens pretty easily and holds an edge good. The s30v blade I was carrying holds an edge longer but is harder to sharpen.This delica has a very good pocket clip and is very light. I really like it.

I bought both through an amazon seller that offered free shipping. With the discount code I got the gray one shipped for $10 less than it's listed on amazon.

2. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Hahaha... quilty as charged!

still, cant blame you to get hooked by this sweet knife.. yes, VG10 is a great steel.. i sharpen and stropped mine and its hair whitling sharp.. i'll find a way to get my second one hehehe..

thanks a lot for the info buddy! enjoy your awesome delica!

4. Likes Greg liked this post

SHARE your G with your fav pocket knives (PICTORIAL)

Another day at the office.

Grand dads Barlow (found after being lost for a couple years).

GW 5000 from Higuchi

Serrated Delica (combo endura got confiscated at the airport)

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424880708.880998.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  95.5 KB

6. Likes Knives & Lint, usertom, Phantasm, Greg, iyonk liked this post
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424968026.503556.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  111.1 KB other grandfathers knife. Looks like it has been beat/loved. Wish I knew its story.

MTG 900 not too popular, but like all G's it's reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Knives & Lint, iyonk, Greg, Phantasm liked this post
    Although I am usually rotating through my folder collection to match whatever watch I'm wearing, In my left pocket I am always carrying this blade. The Emerson Super Karambit. I carry it reverse grip, and it deploys on the edge of your pocket as you pull it out using the Emerson Wave feature.

10. Likes iyonk, breaking100, Greg liked this post
    Older model of victorinox with different style of scale... its a hunting folder.. =)
    Name:  DSCN9215.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  90.1 KB

12. Likes Knives & Lint, usertom, Greg liked this post
    I have 2 version of this GAK (German Army Knife)... this is the first generation one hand openable one with locking mechanism... very smooth opening action, about as smooth as my delica..
    i prefer this older one than the newer one with the rounder opening hole..

Name:  DSCN9221.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  60.6 KB

14. Likes Knives & Lint, usertom, Greg liked this post
    Old watch and old knife.

16. Likes iyonk, Knives & Lint, Greg liked this post
    Years ago I bought a Fenix TK11 torch from a UK seller. There was a small delay with the order and the seller included this knife with the torch which was nice of him. He described this as the 'Fenix knife' and I'm not sure that Fenix do knives, anyway, it's a well-made, unbranded small folder.

Name:  GW7900.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  37.2 KB

and the classic Victorinox with modded red G

Name:  victorinox.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  43.3 KB

18. Likes iyonk, Knives & Lint, Greg, usertom liked this post
    Just purchase this beautiful Kizer Roque from a friend that starting as Kizer distributor in my city.. it is a blade smith series that colaborate from knife designer in the USA and knives manufacturer in chine with very high standard..
    this particular one was design by Dirk Pinkerton and use titanium handle and CPM S35v steel (considered supersteel a few years ago)

sorry no G picture on these, but i'll add them latter..

Name:  kizerrogue1-iyonkstrap.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  98.1 KB

size comparison

Name:  kizerrogue2-iyonkstrap.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  104.6 KB

Name:  kizerrogue4-iyonkstrap (2).jpg
Views: 65
Size:  54.9 KB

Name:  kizerrogue4-iyonkstrap (1).jpg
Views: 124
Size:  95.7 KB

i like this knife a lot, very well made and solid, but i think i need to re-profile the edge since the factory edge even though a good working edge -- i prefer a more accute edge..

thanks guys..

--------------

didn't like the factory bevel edge.. it was just to thick.. okay as working edge but i like my knives really sharp..
    so i take some time to sharpen it.. i was just doing free hand sharpening with sand papers (280 to 600 to 1500 grit)..
    take a while, but the result was just plain scary sharp!..

the leaf is quite tough.. i tried with factory edge and it just wont go thru.. the reprofile edge make the effortless cut.
    Last edited by iyonk; Jul 7, 2016 at 12:54 PM.
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

20. Likes Greg, Knives & Lint liked this post